epilogue: farewell, my love.

epilogue:

_____________

Jay sat down under the cherry blossom tree, gazing at her with a soft smile.

He sighed before talking, looking around the place.

"So busy with my work right now, love."
He whispered, sitting next to her and looking at the sky. It gave him peace and energy after days and days of exhausting work.

"Happy fourth anniversary... Love."
He smiled and gave her the bouquet of white roses on his side.

He tried his best not to cry in front of her ever again, just like every time he visits her.

"It's still hard... So hard without you."

After all the years...

He still wasn't over her.

He wiped the tears on his eyes and forced himself to smile.

"But i'm getting better... Like always. I just can't get used without you by my side."
He smiled bitterly as a tear escaped his eye. He looked at her picture once again, Her beautiful smile that he kept on his memory....

Will be forever remain to be just a memory to him.

He took a small rectangular box from the pocket of his coat and chuckled.

"remember this, baby? This is the surprise you told me before you left me..."
He slowly opened the box again. A small smile trailed his lips, seeing the gift she hid from him.

"You should've not kept this from me..."
It's been four years and yet he's still regretting everything.

He already felt it back then.

The gift inside the box was a pregnancy test.

With two lines on it.

It was positive.

"I'm so sorry... To you and to our baby."
The tears he was just trying to hold eventually went uncontrollable. His sobs, even if how much he hides them always escapes his mouth whenever he's alone and thinking about her.

He did not just lost the woman of his life but also their child. He was very excited to have one and yet... In an instant, he lost them both.

"Daddy...? are you crying again??"
A small little child approached him, looking at him, teary eyed. Jay immediately wiped his eyes and shook his head, smiling at the beautiful little child in front of him so that she won't worry.

"No baby, daddy's fine..."
He tried his best to smile, looking at the four year old little girl with a smile on his face. The girl pouted her lips and wiped his cheek which made him break down even more.

"It's okay to cry, daddy... mommy will be mad at you if you will hide it."
She told him, hugging him. Jay softly laughed, thinking about Haru and hugging the child back.

After two years, finally finishing his study and taking over their company, Jay decided to adopt a child for him and haru.

"Yeoreum-ie.. You reminds me alot of your mom."
He smiled at her and kissed her forehead. Yeoreum just giggled and looked at Haru's picture while she's in Jay's tight embrace.

"Mommy look so pretty... I wished i met her."
She pouted. Yeoreum is a smart kid. even if she's young, she knows it very well that her mommy won't be back with her any more. And she understands it well. Seeing Jay cry every night, She knows how lovely of a person Haru was.

" She is the prettiest woman i ever knew, baby."
He told her. Yeoreum nodded her head and smiled.

"We're both pretty, right daddy? "
She giggled and cutely posed in front of her father. Jay softly laughed and nodded his head.

"Yes, baby. The two of you are lovely."
He answered.

The cherry blossom tree next to Haru's grave is blooming perfectly, just like how it was back then, when they both confessed their feelings. Everytime the spring comes, it all reminds him of her.

His safe place, his home.

His Spring.

Jeon Haru.

Maybe, he wasn't still healed from the pain of losing her but step by step, he's moving forward.

He's trying his best to be the best dad for Yeoreum. The best man for the girl he'll love after Haru.

maybe in another life, it will be better for the two of them.

"I love you, my Spring...."
He whispered, looking at Haru's picture before gazing at Yeoreum.

Even if it didn't ended with happiness for the two of them,

Their bond will never fade.

It will never end.

Forever and always,

Until spring comes back again.

Until the cherry blossoms bloom once again.

Until then, It's farewell.

_____________fin.