39 : and yet i was fooled again.

thirtynine:

tw: mentioning of r4pe.

_______________________

Haru went out of the cab and stared at the hospital building in front of her for a moment. she wiped the tear escaping on her eye before sighing, thinking if she should go inside or not. 

She tightly held the phone she took from Ms. Nam and took a step backward. should she really trust her more than Jay? she felt like she's getting emotional over nothing.

Haru was about to turn back and just go home after a long tiring day but then as she looked around,

she saw a black car parked somewhere near her.

It is Jay's car.

It is indeed his car. So does that mean...

he's really here?

she held the phone even tighter, swallowing her own saliva and walking towards the entrance of the hospital.

"H-Hi...."
she greeted the woman on the reception, the woman glanced at her sad eyes and immediately knew that something is wrong.

"How.. may i help you, Ma'am?"
She asked her with a sweet smile. haru forced a small smile before answering.

The first that came to her mind.

"Jiwon... do you have a patient named, Ahn Jiwon... a girl... she's young and pretty. is she... here?"
Haru asked. The woman smiled at her and nodded her head, checking f there's someone named Ahn Jiwon on the list of their patient.

"Yes ma'am... she's currently in the rooftop right now. are you her relative...?"
Haru shook her head and smiled, walking towards the elevator without saying anything anymore.

The whole elevator ride was silent. Her thoughts started clouding her mind. Jay's here... and so as Jiwon. that only means one thing.

He's here for Jiwon.

'But i thought he's already over her...'

'Am i the one... that was played by him?'
Haru can't help it but to overthink, the traumas she received from her past exes started kicking in. anxiety started eating her up as the elevator rises to the top floor.

'I don't want to be played again anymore... not Jay.. please god...'
The elevator door opened, opening up the path towards the hallway to the rooftop. she paused for a moment before taking a step out of the elevator.

each step, it gets heavier for her. Haru was already in front of the door when she realized she can't continue her hand was stuck in the knob, not wanting to open it at all.

She gulped her saliva and gathered her remaining strength to open the door slowly, revealing who's inside the rooftop.

And then there she saw them.

The cold wind blew as she stared at the two of them. Jay was comforting her on a tight embrace as she shove her face on his chest. 

tears started streaming down on Haru's eyes. she was speechless.

he looked so worried. Jay held her chin and brushed his thumb on her cheeks, wiping the tears streaming down from her eyes. 

Haru wiped her own tears, staring at the two of them as he continuously stab her chest with the sharpest knives he can get.

she can't believe it. she can't process anything other than what is happening right now. her mind went blank.

and her heart is completely shattered.

Jiwon held his cheeks and stared at Jay...... he didn't do anything, he didn't pushed her away. he didn't protested.