𝙻𝚞𝚔𝚊;

MIRACULOUS LADYBUG
> Luka Couffaine

a/n; continue from the previous chapter

a/n; continue from the previous chapter. again heavy with dialogues I think

CW/TW; spoilers for season four wishmaker

Marinette looked around, listening and watching everyone chatting with one another

Marinette looked around, listening and watching everyone chatting with one another. Wandering why they were delaying their practice time. "Hey, Alya, what's with the hold up?"

"Oh, right. Luka said to wait a little longer 'cause someone's running late,"

"Who is..?" Marinette questioned. Her best friend only shrugged and went to talk to her lover. On the other hand, Luka was sitting on the stage. Fiddling with his fingers, bouncing his leg with anticipation. Or maybe more impatient, nervous for something. It was unusual of him to behave in such a manner. He's a patient person. What such thing makes him so different?

"Hey~ King's here~" The [h/c] haired male introduces himself as he boarded the boathouse. Luka's face light up when he heard the familiar flirty voice. Heading towards the taller male, they converse for a while before signalling Rose to start the live practice. Rose happily gave him a thumbs up and told everyone to get into their positions. [Name] walked over to the seating place, searching for an available spot. He spotted a seat. Unfortunately, it was beside the clumsy bluenette girl that he has very well known of. It irked him. Having no other choice, he went ahead and sat there.

"Hey! So you're the one everyone's waiting for. What's your name?" Marinette, who noticed him, chirped. [Name] let out a silent heavy sigh, not wanting to talk to the female. Putting on a fake smile, he answered. "[Name]. A friend of Luka. Bandmate from another band he's playing in,"

"Ah, cool! And I'm-"

"Marinette. Marinette Dupain-Cheng. I know. I heard all about you from Luka," He cut her off by taking the handshake that she held out. Trying to resist the urge of squeezing her hand, he let go. Marinette blushed at the last sentence. "O-oh! That's nice! So.. What are you doing here?"

'can she just stop talking to me?'
"Luka invited me here. He wanted me to watch him play for the Kitty Section? Yeah," The female nodded in response, letting out a small hum along with it. Before she could continue, the band started to play. [Name] sighed in relief, mentally thanking them for saving him from the girl he despise the most.

A few hours later, it was already night time. Most of the people there had already left. Only, Marinette and [Name] were left. The male was only picking up the trash that had been left behind until he heard some mumbling nearby. "Oh? Okay, sure. Let's go then," a male voice sounded. It was Luka's. It looks like he's going to walk Marinette home. [Name] looked at them in suspicion and shrugged, ignoring the weird feeling circulating around him.

The bluenette's eyes widened by the words that came out of his former lover. What the hell is she saying? She wants to get back together? He shook his head. It was better this way. He knows. "Luka... What I'm saying is that-- I can tell you the truth that you wanted. The reason I-I broke us off was because of it. N-now I'm ready to tell you," she kept her head down. Not having the confidence to look at her ex. "Oh. No. No, no. I'm sorry Marinette. I can't be with you. Plus, I'm sure you're better off with Adrien! Both of you are in fact meant for each other,"

"B-but-"

"Trust me Marinette. Besides, I've moved on thanks to [Name]..," Both of them stood in uncomfortable silence. A sudden thunder roared as they finally took notice of the clouded sky. Raindrops starts to fall as they hurriedly covered themselves with their hands as instinct. "Marinette, you should really get inside quickly. You're gonna get sick," he quickly reminded as he pushed her in front of the bakery. "W-well, how about you? Please take shelter,"

"It's okay! I'll just-"

"It won't be necessary. I'm here, Luka," a familiar voice said. They both turned to see [Name] holding up a black umbrella. Luka smiled at the sight of his best friend in front of him. He quickly bid Marinette goodbye and ran under [Name]'s umbrella. Before they could walk home, the [h/c]-nette wrapped his arm around the shorter's male neck and pulled him closer. Grabbing Luka from the jaw and forced him to look at him. Lips met the other. Kissing it gently and softly. Luka was shocked, frozen in place. His eyes widened. As [Name] pulled away, he looked straight dead into the bluenette's eyes and strictly said  "You're mine now. Don't go falling for your ex," He looked back in front and held Luka's hand, leading him home. Luka followed him side by side with a huge blush plastered on his face. He squeezed [Name]'s hand tightly as he tries to cover up his messy flushed face by hiding behind the lower portion of his face with his hand. As they walked, Luka heard his name being called. He looked up to see [Name] looking at him, also now noticing that they've stopped moving. The [h/c] head squinted his eyes a little with small blush appearing on the side of his eyes.

"I was the one who's madly in love with you,"