𝚙𝚎𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚔𝚎𝚛;

Peter Parker from Spider-Man: No Way Home

a/n: You explained to peter what happened to your son

cw/tw: cursing, bloody/ gory images

parental figure!reader - pt 4

The night after, Peter stood outside [Name]'s apartment

The night after, Peter stood outside [Name]'s apartment. Just wanted to talk to him. Before he could knock, he heard a shout from the other side. "Fucking hell, [Name]! Why did you kick him out like that?! Now he thinks that everything was his fault! Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!" [Name]'s muffled voice went through the door. Peter let out a quiet chuckle and knock on the door. "Mister [Name]..? It's me, Peter. Look, I'm sorry that I went into your room without your permission. I- I really am!" he paused, hearing fast footsteps getting louder. The door swung open in a swift and he was pulled into a warm, comforting hug. "God, kid. I'm sorry I yelled at you like that. My-.. My senses just went off and I couldn't control it. I just-.." Peter stood silent as he let [Name] explain himself, patting the older male's back. He pulled away from the hug and smiled at him.

"Don't worry about it, Mister [Name]! It was just father's senses, right? Or father instincts? I don't blame you," [Name] chuckled and ruffled Peter's hair. "Thank you for understanding, kid. Come on. It's a Sunday. Let's hang out. I've got no work today," the older man said and he gestures Peter to go inside his apartment. Peter nodded and followed him in, closing the door behind.

[Name] went to the kitchen to make some beverages. Just hot cocoa for the young male and coffee for himself. Peter went to sit on the couch, waiting patiently for the [h/c] head. "Hey, [Name]?" A short hummed sounded from the kitchen. "I know... I know you don't like to talk about it but... What happened.. to your son?" [Name] stopped his actions and placed down the hot kettle he was pouring on the counter. A short uncomfortable silence filled the room. "I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-"

"My son... was killed by a superhero,"

"A-A superhero?" [Name] came into the living room with a couple of cups in each of his hands. Giving the hot cocoa to Peter, to which he gladly took it. The other cup was placed on the coffee table. He then sat beside the teen. "Weird isn't it? My son looked up to them. He admired them. But he was killed by them," [Name] said through his gritted teeth. "But after years of mourning, time passes by, I realized that it was my fault too. I couldn't save him. I couldn't save him, Peter. I couldn't be his hero..." his voice dragged out, shaking. Hands covering his face. Sobbing into it. Peter shuffled towards the older male and hugged him from the side.

The ground was shaking. The whole building was shaking. Debris and dust fell from the ceiling. [Name] had a terrible vibe from it. He was just only cleaning up the dirty dishes in the sink after putting his son to bed. He knows that it wasn't an earthquake. It was something else. But the first thought he had was to keep his son safe.

"Pa..? Pa!" the cries of the younger [L. Name] could be heard. Adrenaline kicks in and [Name] rushes towards [s/n]'s room. "[s/n]! I'm coming! Papa's coming!" He aggressively pushes the door open, seeing his son cowering in the corner of the room, trying to hide under the blanket. [Name] picked [s/n] up and held him close. Pushing his head into his shoulder, so [s/n] wouldn't see any chaos. "Hey, hey. I'm here, buddy. I'm here. Don't be scared," he tries to soothe his son, gently caressing his back.

[Name] stumbled upon the living room window. Watching a superhero and a villain flying through the air. Trying to catch the bad guy. His brows furrowed. "These damn villains," he muttered under his breath. Then the villain had a shitty idea. Flying straight through [Name]'s house. [Name]'s eyes widened and jumped to the side, protecting [s/n]'s head from the impact of the floor with his hand. Two figures burst through the window. Shattering bits and bits of glass on the floor. The older man shield the shards from his son with his body.

"Got you now, villain. There's nowhere else you can run away to," the hero growled. The villain laughed maniacally. "Oh yeah?" they speed walked towards the [L. Name]s', grabbing ahold of the father. Holding him hostage. [s/n] was pushed away to the floor, screaming and reaching out for his father. "Pa!! PA!" [Name] struggled under the arms of the villain. He grunted, choked. The villain's forearm was tightening around his neck. Struggling to breathe. He tried to scratch, clawed his way out but the villain was too strong. "URGH WHY WON'T YOU SHUT UP!?" the hero shouted in anger and they kicked harshly on the bookshelf behind [s/n]. Letting the heavy piece of furniture fall onto the kid. [Name] screamed in terror, reaching his best towards his beloved son. A bone-crushing sound could be heard as blood slowly spewed under the bookshelf. "[S/N]!?? NO!! GOD PLEASE!" [Name] voice cracked. The villain was kind enough to let him go to see his son. [Name] struggled to pull the bookshelf up and pushed it away. Tears stung his eyes as they met a horrific deadly sight. "Oh my god! Are you even a hero!? You just killed an innocent child! No villain would do that! You damn murderer!!" Even the villain was in disbelief.

The last thing [Name] could hear that night was the slow drops of blood dripping. Ever since that night, the scene never left his mind. It haunts him. The sounds of the bones cracking. It haunts him. Peter continued to console him from the side. Comforting him with sweet words. "Mister [Name]... It's okay. It wasn't your fault. I know this is hard but you'll get it over time. Sometimes you have to accept it and move on,"

"I know. I'm trying," [Name] sniffled. Wiping away his tear-stained face. Trying to keep his posture. "Thanks, Pete. For being here. I thought you hated me or something last night after I yelled at you,"

"Oh! No, No! I could never. I see you... as a parent, a father and I kinda like the thought of that," [Name] laughed. "You're an idiot kid," Peter laughed with him, snuggling close to him for warmth. "Y'know. You'll be a hero in my eyes. My favourite hero,"

"A hero huh?"

"Don't give up Pa! You're still my hero! My favourite hero! Mama will not be coming back but I'm sure she's happy to see you be my hero!" [s/n] squeezed both of his father's hands, trying to comfort the man. [Name] has been crying non-stop after his wife died due to natural causes a few days back. [s/n] had come to accept it but still misses his mom but [Name] can't afford to let her go just yet. He loves her more than anything. He loves both his wife and son equally. He couldn't help but cry. Be weak in front of his mini sidekick. "I'm sorry that I couldn't save your hero, [s/n]-"

"It's okay, Papa! As long as I have you, it's okay! Though, I do miss Mama..." [s/n] confesses, leaning onto his father for comfort. "I know, buddy. I know... I miss her too. I promise to be your absolute hero from now on, alright?"

"It's a promise! Love you Pa!"

"Love you too, kiddo,"

'I'm sorry, kids but I'm no longer a hero,'