𝙲𝚊𝚖𝚒𝚕𝚘;

ENCANTO
> Camilo Madrigal

ENCANTO> Camilo Madrigal

a/n; hurt/comfort. reader has a gift, mind reader (not connected to the madrigals). he only can hear people's thoughts when he is near them. mini update. just started school again so uploads will be more delayed.

CW/TW; anxiousness, feeling overwhelmed, panic attack (?)

This was a bad idea. [Name] should've not agreed to this.

Camilo had asked his boyfriend to hang out in the village, just the two of them since they had barely any time together. Or Camilo was just sick of only hanging out in [Name]'s room. The shapeshifter didn't really understand why the [h/c] head was extremely against the idea of going out. The reason being 'uncomfortable' was not enough for him. So he had asked his lover to go out with him for once.

[Name] refused at first. In fact, multiple times. Until Camilo pulled out his boyfriend's weak card. The puppy eyes. The [h/c]-nette couldn't help but say yes. Like, come on. You can't say no to puppy eyes.

There they are, on the walkway through the village. At first, the noise was just fine for [Name]. Furthering his journey in the village, everything gradually starts to get so loud. The loud chatterings from the villagers. The things that were thought of in their head. There's nothing more [Name] could hate more than crowds. Crowds are just a bundle of random muffling noises. Talking over each other. To hear loud multiple voices overlapping each other is [Name]'s worst nightmare.

[Name] slowly became more anxious. Walking slightly behind Camilo. He muttered out his name, hopefully grabbing his attention. And it did. Camilo turned around to meet the [h/c] head's discomfort look. He only flashed him a comforting smile -- which wasn't really working for [Name] and held his hand. Pulling him down the pathway. Being forcefully dragged out. [Name] did not like how his boyfriend try to comfort him. It was definitely not working.

The crowd became larger. The voices became louder. Striking a strain headache to the taller male. He felt so overwhelmed. Feeling so riled up. Tears became swelled to the tip of his eyes. A sudden fade in of loud ringing reached his ears. He flinched.

In instant, [Name] aggressively pulled his hand out of Camilo's grasp, alerting the said male. He covered his ears to try to cancel out any noise. Looking around to hide away from the crowd. Seeing that there weren't any safe space for him, he crouched down into a ball, still covering his ears while silently weeping. Camilo looked at him in shock and quickly went to his aid. Kneeling right beside his boyfriend and reached out to him. "Hey, [Name]- Hey, [Name]...! It's alright. It's okay! I'm here!"

"So... loud! They're so fucking loud. I can't- I-I-,"

"O-okay! Come on, follow me!- [Name]?" The shapeshifter tugged on [Name]'s ruana but he wasn't moving at all. He pressed his lips into a straight line in panic. He called out to his boyfriend once again. Still to no avail.

The crowd had gained attention towards the [h/c]-nette and whispers arose amongst themselves. The thoughts that they had about him wasn't helping either. [Name] tries to cover up his ears more tightly. Hearing more comments about him. He felt embarrassed. Scared. Pretty overstimulated. He just wants to go home.

Camilo grew overly worried. The next thing he does was cupping [Name]'s face and brought their foreheads together. He begged. He desperately begged in his mind. Please. Please, listen to me alright? Let's get you out of here.

Luckily, the [h/c] head heard it and immediately complied. With Camilo's guidance, the taller male quickly followed behind him. Hands intertwined tightly. Trying his best to tune out the voices. They successfully arrived back at [Name]'s house. Bringing the mind reader up to his room in a hurry.

The sounds, the noises, the chaos. Had finally calmed down. Completely disperse from [Name]'s mind. Letting the mind reader relaxes-- yet his breathing continues to stagger. Like it was out of rhythm. Out of the normal pace. Camilo gently sat his boyfriend down on the bed. Sitting beside him. [Name] clenched a fistful of the bedsheet while the shorter male tries to console him.

"[Name]... It's alright. It's alright. You're not there anymore. No more voices. It's just you and me. Alone. No one else," He calmly reassured, bringing the male into a hug. [Name]'s trembled body visibly calmed down. Breathing turned back normal. Tensed shoulders fell. He hugged his lover back. Tightly -- which Camilo was slightly surprised at. "Mi amor... I'm so sorry... I-I didn't know- I-," [Name] cut him off by hugging him tighter. He didn't want to hear any apology from him. It wasn't his fault. "It's alright, chameleon. It's not your fault. You didn't know. It was my fault for not telling you sooner. I just... I just want to prevent us- well, me to go out,"

"No, It's okay..!"

"No- I- I'm sorry for keeping you inside with me all the time. I understand why you would ask me to go out for once. It's frustrating I know. But you just can't- with me..-"

"[Name]." --Camilo pushed his lover away from the hug and cupped his face, staring straight into his eyes-- "Stop. Stop apologizing you goofball. I understand now. I can see why you didn't want to tell me," He leaned closer to [Name]'s face-- and maybe pulling him downwards a little for a sweet peck on the tip of the [h/c] head's nose. "Though, I'd really wished you'd told me earlier,"

"Sorry-"

"What did I just say?" Both of them chuckle light-heartedly. [Name] flopped himself onto Camilo and let out a sigh of relief. "Can we just spend our time here...?" The shapeshifter hummed in agreement and wrapped his arms around his boyfriend. "Yeah. Anything to your comfort," [Name] smiled. "Thank you, Mi vida,"