𝙹𝚒𝚊𝚗𝚐 𝙲𝚑𝚎𝚗𝚐;

Jiang Cheng from Mo Dao Zu Shi

A/N; this revolves around the last ep of mdzs s3 when wwx, lwj and wn left him after jc knows abt his golden core situation. Im a little confused on how they call each other so forgive me if i made a mistake. do call me out for it

CW/TW; -

The sect leader of the Jiang clan fell onto his knees, blabbering about moments where his own brother promised to protect him

The sect leader of the Jiang clan fell onto his knees, blabbering about moments where his own brother promised to protect him. His undone hair flew in the wind. Crying his heart out. A certain [h/c] head watches the scene in pity, from the small forest that surrounds the building. Sighing softly, he unsheathed his sword. Flying over the private territory with his flying-sword transportation.

With a graceful landing, he placed back his sword into the sheath and walked over to the weeping male. He knelt and held the leader by his sides, holding him close. "Clan leader Jiang," he called out in a monotonous tone. Jiang Cheng seemed to shiver at the male's soothing deep voice. "Let's go home," the [h/c] head continued. Guiding him to stand up. Tightening his hold around the male, not wanting him to fall over. He felt Jiang Cheng's whole body weight lay against him. Jiang Cheng took a short glance towards the taller male. "W..Who are you...?" He weakly muttered. The mysterious man's expression softened, and answered, "I'll answer that once I get you home, alright? Promise,"

It has been a few hours ever since the two males left the memorial building. The man, who has yet to introduce himself, had tucked the sect leader in his bed. Jin Ling observed his uncle in worry. Then looked at the unfamiliar man beside him. He was suspicious at first, but knowing the man had brought his uncle home safely — maybe he was going to trust him a little. "Mister, will uncle be okay?" The younger one asked worriedly. The man to be named '[Name]', gave a genuine smile at the boy and gently patted his head. Earning a small angry whine from him. "A-Ling, he'll be fine. He's just very exhausted. Why not you go to bed huh? It's late. He'd punish you when he sees you still awake once he wakes up," Jin Ling visibly shook and let out a silent shriek. Hurriedly bowing to the older male and bidding him goodnight. Which [Name] replied with a 'goodnight', chuckling at the child brisk walking out, towards his room.

The smile on his face drooped into a frown. He skimmed through the sleeping male's face. So dull. Dark circles under his eyes. Wrinkles almost starting to form. How long are you going to hate on your brother? - [Name] whispered lowly. He sighed as he reached for Jiang Cheng's face. Caressing his cheeks and sat himself down on the floor. He leaned against the bedside. With eyes closed, he drifted off to sleep.

Morning came as Jiang Cheng woke up groggily from his sleep. Gently rubbed his eyes and adjusted his vision due to the bright light shining through the window. From the corner of his eye, he noticed a big dark blob laying by his bed. His stranger alert alarm went off. He sat up, activating his Zidian. Purple lightning zapped around it. Before he could even do anything, the sliding door to his room slammed open. "Uncle!! Are you awake yet!?" A child exclaimed. It was Jin Ling, his nephew. Jiang Cheng clicked his tongue and looked over at him, scolding him. The young one let out a small pout as he quickly ran over to the now awake male on the floor. "Mister [Name], mister [Name]!! Protect me!!" he commanded. [Name] only chuckled lightly at his antics and got up. "Alright, alright. I'll protect you from your Uncle," he gave Jin Ling a sweet smile and hid him behind him. He then looked up to Jiang Cheng, who was watching with confusion written all over his face. Immediately knowing his fault, he quickly bowed to show respect.

"Pardon my manners, and my intrusion, Clan Leader Jiang. Please excuse Jin-" Jiang Cheng raised his palm, stopping the male from continuing further. "Stop. You do not have the right to tell me how to control my own nephew. Now, tell me who are you before I use my weapon on you," he calmly demanded. [Name] stayed quiet and placed his hand on his chest, where his heart was. Slightly bowing. "My apologies, Clan Leader Jiang. As promised, I will introduce myself. I am [L.Name] [Name]. I'm a lone wanderer, I do not belong to any clans," Jiang Cheng hummed as he crossed his arms. "State your business here," he said. "I heard about the chaos between all the clans. And the return of the Yiling Patriarch. It's wonderful to hear that he had returned. My favourite Idol," he replied, with a sickening smile plastered on his face. Jiang Cheng's furrowed his brows while Jin Ling quickly ran towards his uncle's side, clutching onto his purple-coloured robe. "Idol? You favour him? How loathsome." The clan leader clicked his tongue once again. "Clan Leader Jiang, your brother is no villain. You should realize that already," he calmly said. His gaze wandered off to the window and back to the Clan Leader. "You don't know anything. Get out," Jiang Cheng sternly ordered. [Name] only gave him a small smile. "I'm not finished. A-Ling, will you leave the room? Your uncle and I are gonna discuss something," he said in a hushed tone. Jin Ling looked at him nervously and looked at his uncle. Jiang Cheng gave him a head gesture, telling him to leave. The younger huffed in frustration and quickly leaves the room.

The goody-two-shoes personality the [h/c] head held falters into a cold and sarcastic one. Jiang Cheng gulped. "Anyways, Where was I? Oh, right. I know everything. I was there. I'm always there. Watching everyone's movement. Especially you! You, caught my eye," he slowly moved closer to the male in front of him. Causing Jiang Cheng to move further down his bed. "Hey-"

"I've seen how your family were. Such nice people, I must say. Your mother on the other hand, ah. Strict but reasonable. Your brother, an amazing person. You must've liked him as a brother, right? You miss him," [Name] grinned, placing his hand under his chin. "You-! Shut the hell up!"

"Ah, so you do! But you still hate him, hm? The two of you were so inseparable. Quite a sight. But then he 'betrayed' you right? Now, now -- this is the main reason that I've come here," Jiang cheng gritted his teeth. [Name] looked down and gasped lightly seeing how close he was to the clan leader. "Pardon, my manners. I've gotten out of control again," The lone wanderer moved backwards, correcting his posture in front of the leader. "I've come here to help you. Since you're alone. In this whole clan. And with Jin Ling being the new Clan Leader for the Jin clan. I'll help him too. So may I ask," he paused. Cupping his left fist, holding them in front of him and bowed deeply.

"Can I be your subordinate?"