𝙼𝚊𝚔𝚘𝚝𝚘;

FREE!
> Tachibana Makoto

Break Up. - Part one

a/n; heavy dialogues -- there is a part two after this so i'll take a while since its a new piece

CW/TW; cursing

Today was the firework festival

Today was the firework festival. The Iwatobi team, including [Name], went out to the event to celebrate and watch the fireworks together. They were exploring different stalls, trying out the food and winning games to earn prizes. Once they were back together, chatting away, [Name] told the crew that he was going to talk with his lover. They nodded in understanding as the [h/c] haired male took Makoto's wrist and pulled him to a quiet place.

Makoto and [Name] stood side by side where they were could watch the fireworks. The taller male leaned forward the metal fence, admiring the dark blue sky. Makoto on the other hand stood beside him awkwardly in silence. The tension in the atmosphere is very uncomfortable. The green-haired male starts to get nervous. Why would he be nervous?

"W-what do you need, [Name]?" the said male kept quiet for a moment and sighed softly.

"Are you happy? Dear?"

"What? What do you mean-?"

"Just answer my question, Makoto. Are you happy? With me?"

"Of course! W-why would you ask that?"

"Don't lie to me." [Name] sternly said as he turned around to face his lover. His face was relaxed, but it held emotions. Anger? Sadness? Disappointed?

Makoto pressed his lips into a straight line as he fiddled with his fingers. He looked away to think for a moment, then faced back at the taller male. The people in the background below started to cheer as it's almost time for the fireworks to appear.

"I-I don't know..." [Name] stared at Makoto and looked away, sighing. The crowd below starts counting down to the start of the fireworks.

10

"Well, I guess it's a no right?"

9

"No, wait! We can talk about this-!"

8

"No. It's obvious Makoto,"

7

"About what!?"

6

"God, Makoto! Don't you ever realise how you barely spend time with me!?"

5

"M-maybe-! Maybe it's just the swimming club. I've been busy with-"

4

"No, you have not been busy with that fucking club! You've been fucking with Haruka! Do you think I don't know!? The way you look at him. The way you smile when you talk to him. I never get you to smile like that.. So.. why?"

3

2

"[N-Name].. Please I'm sorry. We ca-"

1

"Let's break up"

Makoto's eyes widened as tears started to form in them. The loud whistling noise erupted along with the line of light, shooting into the sky. Fireworks start to go off, bursting into big colourful patterns in the dark sky. Everyone cheered from below. This was supposed to be a happy day. Unfortunately, it wasn't for these two lovers. Such bad timing. [Name] pushed himself off the metal fence as he tries to ignore the other male and walked away. Makoto panicked as he reached out to grab his ex's wrist, making the [h/c] haired male stop walking away from the scene. "[Name]! Please don't do this! We can talk about this-"

"Stop. I'm done here. I'll get going now," the said male aggressively pulled his arm away from Makoto's grip and briskly walked away. Makoto watched his ex-lover disappear from his sight as tears fell rolled down his cheeks. Clenching his fists, he held onto the metal fence as support while crying uncontrollably. He knows it's his fault, but he didn't know why he felt like this. It was true Makoto was falling out of love with [Name], where he ended up falling for Haruka instead. His feelings were messed up. He didn't know what to do.

Makoto walked down the stairs of where he and [Name] stood. His team were waiting for him at the end of the staircase, worrying and questioning about his whereabouts. Once he arrived, the crew rushed towards him, asking him what happened and about [Name]. Makoto kept quiet. He looked exhausted, lifeless. But once Nasiga mentioned the [h/c] head's name, Makoto broke down completely. Everyone panicked and tries to calm him down. People that were near them watched, whispering to one another.

"Let's move somewhere else. There are too many people here," Rei spoke up as the rest agreed. They all moved to a quieter place and took a break there. They sat in awkward silence as Makoto finally calmed down with the girls help.

"Are you ready to tell us what happened?" Gou softly asked as the male hesitantly nodded and wiped his tear-stained face. He took a deep shaky breath and out. "[N-Name].. [Name] broke up with me.." Everyone gasped and their eyes widened.

"Wait what!? But why? I thought he love you more than anything. He was even the one who confessed first!"

"Nagisa, stop that's too much.." Rei nudged the smaller male beside him. The blond let out a small whine and looked over to Haruka. "Haru!! Say something!"

"It was my fault guys" Makoto spoke up. He looks at each of everyone faces, giving them a small smile. He then looked down, elbows on thighs, covering his face with his hands. Trying to hide the fact that he was frowning, he whispered.

"It's all my fault.."