𝚂𝚞𝚐𝚊𝚠𝚊𝚛𝚊 𝙺𝚘𝚞𝚜𝚑𝚒;

Sugawara Koushi from Haikyuu!!

a/n; teacher!suga - kindergarten au or smth

requested

cw/tw; -

Tobio sat on the steps that were built in front of the Kindergarten entrance alone

Tobio sat on the steps that were built in front of the Kindergarten entrance alone. Swinging his legs patiently, waiting for his father to come to pick him up. Koushi had finally finished cleaning the faculty. He had changed his clothes and placed his sling bag over his shoulder. Switching the lights off, he noticed a certain dark blue-haired child right outside the door to the school. He tilted his head in confusion. Immediately locking up the school, Koushi walked over to the child. "..Oh? Tobio? Isn't your mom picking you up today? Where is she?" The teacher gently asked the boy. Tobio only shook his head 'no'. "Mama is not coming. Papa is," the younger responded Koushi hummed. The silver-haired then sat down beside his student. Telling him that he'll be accompanying him until his father arrived -- which the child only nodded.

The sky was slowly painted with a mix of orange, pink and purple. The sun was getting ready to sleep. Both the teacher and student duo continued patiently waiting for the male.

'Ahh, it's getting late. Where is he?' He thought to himself. Coincidentally, a black essential car drove into the school grounds. The driver quickly parked his car on the side of the road, right outside the school gates. A man with a slick back dark blue hair hairstyle, dressed in a formal dark blue coloured business suit -- climbed out of the car. Hurriedly, he brisk walked towards the two males at the entrance.

Koushi on the other hand, had his eyes widened. The man had him feeling something. Observing the male's features, he confirmed to himself that it was indeed his students' father. He had never met Tobio's father due to him being busy with business work and this is the first him he had seen him. Definitely a fine man as one agrees.

"Ah, hello! I'm sorry I'm late! I got caught up with work.." the man apologizes as he deeply bowed to Koushi. Tobio hopped off the stairs and quickly ran towards his father, hugging the male's legs tight. "Papa..!" Tobio cried out. Tobio's father chuckled softly, bending down and picking up his son. "Sorry Papa's late," he apologized once more to his son, ruffling his hair. Tobio whined a little and nuzzles his tiny face into the crook of the older man's neck. Koushi watched the two with a smile. "Excuse me..? Mr..?"

"Oh right! I'm sorry. I'm Kageyama [Name]. You can call me by my first name if you please. Nice to meet you," [Name] introduced himself to the teacher, reaching his hand out for a handshake. Koushi took the hand and shook it with a smile. "Ah, Mr Kageyama! Nice to meet you too. I am Sugawara Koushi, your son's teacher. It's no worries. This is the first time seeing you,"

"Yes, yes. It's my first time too. I've been too caught up with work so you don't see me at all," [Name] explained, ending it with an awkward laugh. "I see. Well, may I ask something?"

"Please, go ahead,"

"Well, usually Tobio's mother would pick him up. Why didn't she show up for today?"

"Uhm well.." [Name] caught something stuck in his throat. "She... left us. So now I'm just a very overworked.. single parent," he continued in a soft tone as he turned to look at his son who was now sleeping in his arms. "Oh, dear... I'm sorry to hear that. I hope for the best for you two! Really!"

"Thanks, Mr Sugawara. I really appreciate it," [Name] gave Koushi a soft smile. "Well, it's time for me to go now. Chat again tomorrow?" Koushi nodded and agreed to the question. [Name] quickly left the school and drove back home. While the teacher waved them goodbye as he watched them drive off.

Time skip to later that night, Koushi's head was pretty occupied. Pencil tapping on his study table. He couldn't focus at all. All he could ever think of was [Name]'s handsome face. A huge red blush appeared on the male's face. He covered his face with his hands, groaning into it. "How can his wife leave a such beautiful, caring, loving and kind husband?" He muttered. "Though.. he's single now.." he slapped himself after processing the words that came out of his mouth.

'Ahhh!!! What am I saying!!??' He squealed, kicking his legs like a child. Squeezing his heated face.

'I can't believe this. I have a crush on my student's father..!'