Chapter 4

Two days later I get a call from Anderson's Corporation, telling me I've got the job. It's an understatement to say that I was excited.

I jumped up in joy and did a really weird dance. I didn't care, I was happy. No more peanut butter.

I had to be at the office by eight in the morning sharp, tomorrow.

Suddenly I realised that I didn't have anything decent to wear other then the outfit my mum sent me. I had one pair of black pumps. I guess I could wear that, but me and heels don't mix.

I look at myself in the mirror. A mustard coloured cardigan and a navy blue skirt. I think it looks nice. I stare down at my navy coloured converses. It works, right?

I mean this is what I'd wear to an office but then Sam stated that it was different and odd. Okay, okay I guess I'm wearing the same thing as high school and nothing's changed but I don't need to wear an suit or fancy skirts or jackets or whatever for this job.

Then I remember I told him I'd dress more accordingly had I got the job. Maybe that's why he gave it to me.

I smile and frown at the same time. This is ridiculous. I'm only going to work and here I am acting like its the end of the world. I mean what's wrong with what I wear. I take a deep breath.

I walk over to my wardrobe and pull the outfit mum sent me and hang it on the door. I grab my black pumps and put them by the door of my bedroom.

I go back into the living room and turn the music on. I dance and twirl for a good two hours before I'm stumped.

At that moment the phone rings and I know it's Bianca. "Hello."

"Hey Vi, why do you sound out of breath?"

"Well, you know. I got the job" I say as I bob my head to the side.

"Oh my god! No way. I knew it, Vi. Congrats."

"Thanks B."

"Now will you introduce me to Sam."

"I just got the job, I don't intend on losing it. Oh and the answer to that is never."

"Oh come on Vi. You have to, he is so damn hot. I just want to touch his abs just once, or stare at it. Whatever works."

"God B, you sound like a creep."

"Maybe I could pop in one day and just say hi... To you of course and then perhaps bump into him too."

I giggle. "Gosh B, you're impossible. I'm gonna hang up before you get more ideas."

I hang up and text my mum that I got the job.