Chapter 12

The Party is supposed to be outdoors at a place called Salaman's Garden. Bianca drops me off and smiles. "Gosh you're too pretty, I've gotta stop staring."

I giggle. "Thanks B."

"Do you need me to pick you up."

"No B, you've done a lot already. I'll catch a taxi home."

"Don't be ridiculous, I can pick you up."

"Really, it's fine."

She smiles as I step out of the car and sticks her thumb out as a sign of good luck. I don't know if it's for the heels or if she has something else in mind but I smile too as I turn and walk towards the party.

At the entrance, security stop me and ask for my name. After they find me in what looks to be pages and pages of attendees, they finally let me in.

As I walk in, I take in the scenery. Gorgeous brick and wood gazebos around the whole garden and right in the centre a temporary dance floor built in for the night perhaps. To the top right, there is some fabric tent-style gazebos where food is being served and to the top left, a stage in which a band is playing music. A bunch of people are crowded to the left talking and hugging and what not but there is also a few people sitting separately in each gazebo around the garden.

I hold onto the fence to my right as I wobble in attempts for walking in heels. I take a deep breath and look around, I barely recognise anyone here and that makes sense, it is my first week after all.

Lisa walks over to me. "How you doing?."

"Fine."

"I'm glad you came. You look so different but in a good way. I mean you're so gorgeous. You should dress like this more often" she says as she ushers me further in.

I felt safer near the entrance gates, no one was staring or looking and now eyes are on me. Staring me down as if I'm some meal to be eaten.

"Thank you Lisa" I say as she nods and smiles my way.

Someone calls Lisa's name and she turns to walk in their direction. "I'll be back in a little while. Perhaps get a drink or something."

"Hey Violet."

I turn at the sudden address of my name to notice the Sam Anderson standing behind me.

"Hi Sir."

He smirks. "I thought I said you could call me Sam."

"Oh right, my bad." I smile but I I feel like shivering. I'm having a hard time keeping my knees from collapsing.

Sam looks me up and down. Not it a weird and creepy way that some of the men here have done already. "You look absolutely gorgeous, I must say."

There is a slight blush creeping onto my cheeks. "Thank you Sam."

He smiles at the mention of his name as he places a hand on my back and guides me to a side. He calls for a waiter and grabs two drinks off the tray. He hands one to me and I thank him for it.

"I was starting to think you weren't going to show."

"It's a business party. I'd show."

"I'm glad Violet" he says as he winks. "You look a lot different then what I've seen you in the past few days but I've got to say, you look amazing. I like it."

I feel my cheeks turn completely pink so I pull the cup to my lips and take a sip in hopes to distract myself and perhaps hide the blush on my cheeks. Why did he have to be so damn charming?

He reaches his hand out as he asks "want to dance?"

"I actually can't dance at all."

His smile grows wider. "Just follow me" he says as he grabs my hand and pulls me on to the dance floor.

He wraps his left arm around my hips and pulls me close as he grabs my other hand into his.

"I really can't do this" I say.

"Do you trust me Violet?"

For some weird reason I do but I don't want to tell him that. I try to come up with something decent to say but I end up saying "yes."

He holds me tight, as he leads the way. I follow his steps but find it extremely hard with the heels. There comes a point where I almost slip but with a quick motion of his hand, he has me by the hips. No one notices it's a slip, instead people around us clap. He did it so smoothly, they thought it was dancing.

He pulls me up as he winks back into dancing position. "You're wearing heels again."

"It's a party, it would've looked weird had I worn runners or a pair of converse or something."

He smiles. "True. You shouldn't worry though, I'll catch you tonight if you fall. You just need to trust me."

I smile back. If he is flirting with me, I like it. So I try to flirt back. "I trust you."