Chapter 24

When I wake up in the morning, I can feel Sam's arm around my waist. His head cuddled against my neck and hair.

I don't move because truth be told, I love this feeling. I've never had this before...comfort, but it feels good to have someone so close just holding you like you mean the world.

My thought process stops for a second though. It's only been weeks, this is crazy to even have him in my bed. Suddenly the awkwardness of it dawns on me.

Maybe he does this often because he seems fine...and very, very comfortable.

I tug my leg free from his and he moves in response, his arm wrapping more tightly around my waist and pulling me closer to his body. When I gently grab his hand and lift it, his eyes open and he stares my way.

"Good morning," he says.

Somehow I can't look him in the eye, so I get off the bed quickly. "Good morning."

I can feel his eyes on my back. "Is everything okay?"

I move my head up and down. "Yea absolutely, I gotta go take a shower."

I rush to the bathroom before he can get another word in. I strip down and head into the hot, steamy water. The hot water against my skin feels like heaven.

Standing there as the water runs across my body, I think about what has happened.

When I step out of the shower, I walk into my bedroom hoping Sam isn't there but he is. He is sitting on my bed buttoning up his shirt.

"Hey," he says when he notices me. He walks over and places a kiss on my cheek, his lips warm. I pull my head back as he does.

He looks at me. "Is everything okay?"

"Everything is fine," I lie.

"Doesn't look like it."

"Can you step out, I need to change."

He nods, turns around and leaves.

I take my time getting ready, I don't want to step out there. Sam is a great guy but this is too fast.

"Hey," I say when I walk out.

He smiles although it's not his typical smile, I can tell I've ruined his mood.

"I need to talk to you."

He walks over to me and laces his fingers with mine. "Then talk."

I quickly pull my fingers back and take a step back. "I can't do this."

He lifts any eyebrow. "Do what."

"This," I say pointing at us. "It's all moving too quick. You shouldn't even be in my house let alone my bed. It's probably because you're using me."

His expression turns one of anger. "When I asked you last night if you were sure about me coming over you said you were. In fact let me remind you that it was you who suggested I come over to begin with," his voice calmer then I expected.

"I'm sorry, okay. This is too fast. You should go and I'll talk to you later and sort this out."

"Talk to me later? What, so you can blow me off again like you did last time at the party," his voice slightly raising.

"Oh my god! Maybe we should stop then," I scream. I cross my arms over my body.

"You know what, if you want me gone I'll go." He turns around, walks out of the living room and slams the door.

I look back to the bed where we were laying less then an hour ago. It looks warm and cosy.

I walk into the kitchen and make myself tea, the idea of what just happened rolling through my head.

Did I just start a fight. I slam my cup hard against the counter and the cup shatters, hot tea spilling over my hand and shards of glass cutting my skin.

I quickly run across to the tap and run water over my hand. This is stupid. I feel so much for him at so little time that it's driving me crazy.