Chapter 41

Annalise looks at me as we stand next to the border. She is shaking in fear. I reach over and let my hand rest on her arm. A calming gesture. She relaxes slightly and looks up at me. I smile at her.
"Your gonna do awesome just remember what I told you." I say.
She nods and looks around. Her eyes weak and searching. I look around and notice Danny isnt here.
He hasnt said anything to me.
What?
Kylan your blood brother is my mate.
Oh Annalise im sorry.
Its ok.
She reaches over and hugs me. I let her. I feel guilty for everything that I have put her through. As I touch her I can feel her emotions. Dannys absence has left a hole where love should be. Then there is the darkenss. The reason she slept with all the guys she wanted to feel love.
  I pull away and smile the best I can. I hear the crows start moving away and I hug her once again.
"Youll do amazing." I whisper.
~♡~♡~♡~♡
"How could you do that!"I scream.
Danny takes a step back and is up against the kitchen wall. Derek, Jason, Michael, Landon, Natalia and Lukas watch as I corner Danny.
Each is snickering and making bets. Im beyond pissed that I dont even notice them. My body registers that I am in the same room with Lukas but its doing no good.
Danny throws his hands up in the air and yells back at me.
"She was the pack slut!" I cringe at the use of the word.
I know I've used it before but hearing it out of Dannys mouth.
"She has changed alot she may have been like that but she wanted love. She believed that you were dead. She didnt even know you were alive. She finds her mate and you shun her. You might as well have rejected her. She is so depressed im suprised her wolf hasnt left due to the fucking depression." I scream.
Danny looks down and the room has gone silent. No one dares make eyecontact with me. I see Michael fidgit next to me.
Im sorry Michael.
He nods and leaves the room. I watch as Danny finally looks up at me.
"Im sorry." He whispers.
"You should have apologized to Annalise when she was here. She is facing our biggest enemy and might not make it back all because you were all high and mighty. How many girls did you screw before you met her?" He looks away and I leave the room.
Lukas follows me out and tries to touch me.
"Dont." I say.
I feel his hurt I want to turn around and run into his arms and let him fix me but I cant. I keep going until I make it to a huge willow in the back toward the edge of the property.
I watch as kids chase each other and how mates kiss each other. My chest constricts and I cant hold on to all the tears that begin to slip from my face. I wipe away the first few but soon realize there is no point.
They keep falling and I lay my head back against the tree trunk. The sky starts to darken.
Weve killed her.
SWEET BABY DUCKS!!!!