Chapter 43

Picture to the side is skye.
Me and Michael are staring at each other and I hear people enter and stand around us. He hasnt stopped looking at the map then looking at me. I look at the map and started imagining our defenses.
"So." I look up and Lukas is smiling down at me.
"We think we have come up with a solution." I say.
"And.." He prompts.
"I. Michael why don't you tell him." I say.
The door is slung open and Skye comes running in. Tears falling from her face. People moveto touch her but I shoot up and grab her.
"Skye whats wrong?" I ask.
"Mommy." She says.
I look at Lukas and give him to her. I take off sprinting all the way to the Skyes home. Alexandria is laying on the floor. Blood rimmed all around her mouth. I slide on the floor and lift her head into my lap.
"Alexandria please answer me." I plead. Tears falling from my face.
"Take care of Skye please." She whisphers. She coughs and blood splatters all kver my shirt.
"I will." I choke back a sob. Her eyes shut and the sob rips through my lips tearung the silence. I look around in panic. My whole body breaking down. I get up and grab a wet rag. I wipe the blood away from her mouth, neck, and I change her shirt.
"Im so sorry." I whispher.
Im on my way.
Hurry.
I stare at her body just lying on the floor. The whole place seems empty without her. She made me promise the same thing almost a month ago and ever since ive spent most of my free time with Skye and Alexandria.
Skyes face lights up when she hears she will be living with me soon. Then it turns into a frown and her lip starts to waver. My heart breaks into two. Then she forces a smile on her face. Skye runs outside to be with the others. I look at Alexandria.
"Promise me you will take care of her." She says.
"I promise." I move to stand by the window. Skye runs around without a care in the world. If you were to look at her you would never guess her mom was dying.
I sit covered in blood my hands covered in her blood. I start scrubbing. I have never had a problem with blood but looking at someone's blood that was innocent makes me want to throw up.
"Hey." Lukas' voice cuts the silence and I look up.
"Shes dead." I say.
"I know." He pulls me into his arms and I cry.
"We have to do something." I say.
"We will."
~♡~♡~♡~
The fire from the funeral pyre. Skye on my hip with her face buried in my hair. I watch as the body burns and the smoke ascending into the night sky. The preist leaves us to our grieving. I dont cry because I have to be strong for Skye.
The smoke starting to drift over Skye.
Im going to lay her down.
Ok
I lay her down in hed room. I push her hair out of her face and lean down and kiss her face. The innocent.
The innocent are going to die.
~♡~♡~♡~♡~
SO I CRIED THE WHOLE TIME WHILE WRITING THIS CHAPTER. DAMN IM EMOTIONAL. POOR SKYE.