Chapter 42

I wake up in bed next to Lukas. He is strijg at me and I turn back over. My whole body feels numb. Lukas touches my shoulder and it brings relief.
"Im sorry." He whispers.
"Its not your fault. Its mine. I should have never pushed the idea. She wasnt trained." I say. "Im sorry I snapped at you." He pulls me into his arms and holdsmme tight against his chest.
"You know ypur not the same girl I met almost six months ago." He says.
"Your also not the same playboy i met six months ago either." I say.
He chuckles and kisses my cheek. I let him make all the bad shit in my life go away. He holds me and keeps me next to him.
We lay here for what seems like forever.
"Im going to go and hang out with all the women today." I say. My voice barley getting over a whispher.
"Ok." He keeps me pinned against his side and I allow it. His beating heart calms me. Being next to him in general calms me down.
"Im going to go now." I stand up and realize im in his shirt. I turn around and raise and eyebrow.
"I pulled your jeans off last night so you wouldn't be hurting when you woke up."
I roll my eyes and pull off his shirt. I hear the bed creak and thwn im pinned against the wall. Lukas' lips are attached to my throat. I moan and let him lift me. I wrap my legs around his waist and he scoots me higher up the wall.
"Mmmm." I cant make anything coherent come out of my mouth. He pulls his lips away from my neck.
"Sorry. I just. I lost control." He says.
My whole body is in need of his. I look at him and a growl rips through the air. Im lifted away from the wall and thrown on the bed. He crawls on top of me and kisses me. I arch my back to be closer to him.
"Gah your gonna be the death of me." He says.
~♡~♡~♡~
I leave later on in the afternoon. Lukas is still asleep and one of us need to be up preparing everyone for the worst. I pass Danny and he is staring out towards the border.
"Shes gonna be ok." I say.
"How do you know?"
"My step parents were killed by rouges. Turns out they gave me a gift. I know where my mon is and sad. Shes gonna be ok." My whole body screams at me for lying to him, but he needs to be strong for Landon and Natalia.
I leave and head to the houses towards the edge of the propery. The women all snile at me and the kids flock to me.
The children climbing up me wanting my attention. I smile and let them climb. A little girl pulls my hand and leads me to her house. I smile when she flings open the door. Her mother looks startled. She looks up and smiles.
"Luna." She bows and then straightens her body up.
"Im sorry I interrupted your cooking." I say.
She shakes her head and grabs her child.
"Skye. Whay have I told you about bothering people." Her mother says.
"She was no bother. If I might. Whats your name?"
"Alexandria." She says.
"Kylan."
She nods. I sit with the both of them for a little while and say good bye.
I make my way outside and Skye comes running to me.
"Mommys sick you know." I look down at her and my heart breaks.
"Wheres your daddy?" I ask.
"He died awhile ago by the mean Alpha Sebastian." My insides run cold and I clentch my fist.
"If you ever need me you come and find me. If you cant find me link me." I tell her. I reach down and kiss the top of her head.
~♡~♡~♡~
We all sit at the table looking at each other and making jokes. I watch as everyone smiles at one another. The love between all of us. Natalia looks up at Landon and they smile. He leans down and kisses her head. My insides tighten and I get up. I leave the room and walk outside. The moon is full so I dont need a light to see anything. I look out towards the houses. No one is really around. I make my way to the back. Where my house was before I became the pack warrior. The house stands rigid and akward against the forest in the back drop.
I move and open the door. It opens slowly to reveal the house just the way I left it. The memories of my dad leaving and my mom going into a depression. My step parents smiling at me as my mom is carted off to a human hospital. So much pain but also so many memories. Happiness in the tiniest cracks. The way id hide from mom when I had to take a bath or the way her singing filled the house. My insides feel like mush.
"Sorry for your pain and loss." I turn around and Alexandria stands in the door with a smile on her face.
"Its been a while. I guess with everything going on I didn't really think about it." I say.
"I understand. So Skye told you im sick." I turn and look at her.
"The pack doctor has given me another month or so." She says.
"Whats gonna happen with Skye?" Her smile flashes through my mind. The little blonde ringlets. Her bright blue eyes that make you smile. She is only about four.
"I have no idea." She says. Her blue eyes dull with no life anymore.
"She can always stay with me. I would be more then happy to take care of her." I say.
Her eyes brighten and she nods. Her eyes filling with tears. She leans against the door frame and shakes her head.
"The moon goddess is so good to me." She says.
I walk over and hold her. My heart breaking for her and for Skye.
Goddess help me keep my promise.
LONG CHAPTER GUYS SORRY ITS BEEN A WHILE.