2 Go

Jonathan

Soft tapping wakes me up as sun streams through the window. I blink away the sleep in my eyes, trying to focus on my surroundings.

Izzy is still sleeping, curled up on my chest and fisting my shirt with my arms wrapped around her. The trauma of last night is written plainly across her face even in sleep. Her eyes are puffy and shadowed, nose red and her cheeks still stained by dried tears.

Knocking sounds again, drawing my attention to the front window where Anne stands. The concern swimming in her eyes warns me she either knows or something's wrong.

I motion her in, not wanting to wake Izzy up and hear the lock click before Anne slips in and sets my spare key down. Her gaze shifts from me to Izzy and back again with a guarded expression.

"What is it?" I ask, barely above a whisper.

Anne shakes her head, dismissing me and turns her attention to Izzy, knowing she's in rough shape. "That can wait, what happened?"

"Rough night... but that didn't bring you over," I challenge.

"No, the not answering your phone and Izzy being late for her shift did," Anne counters.

"Fuck, what time is it?!" I groan, scanning around for a clock and see its nearly three in the afternoon. "Shit, sorry Anne she's not coming in tonight... I don't know when she'll be back..."

"Take all the time you need," she whispers, looking longingly at Izzy. "What happened?"

"I fucked up," I growl. Izzy stirs, no doubt woken by me. I freeze but it's too late here sapphire eyes flutter open and find mine, swimming with concern and confusion.

"Did I wake you?" I ask caressing her cheek. "Sorry Angel but Anne stopped by." Izzys eyes go wide before trying to hide her face in my chest.

"I can wait in the kitchen," Anne whispers as she walks off to give us some privacy.

"Come on, let's get you cleaned up," I murmur, kissing her forehead and sitting up.

"But Anne?" She asks, furrowing her brows.

"Can wait. I have more important matters to attend to," I simply state, leaving no room for debate. Izzy doesn't say anything more, instead she lays her head down in the crook of my neck and hangs on. I wrap her legs around my waist and carefully support her no doubt tender behind and carry her upstairs.

I set her down in the bathroom and turn the shower on before turning my attention back to her. Izzy looks up at me still raw and vulnerable but lifts her hands when I grab the hem of her shirt.

Carefully I strip her, making sure not to bump any possibly sore spots and guide her to the shower, haphazardly discarding my clothes. I can see the tension in her shoulders and back as I reach for the body wash.

By the end Izzy has finally relaxed and all signs of tears are long gone. Most of the marks from last night have faded but there's still a shadow of a welt from the second crop and flogger.

"Better?" I ask, wrapping her in a fluffy towel and drying her off. Izzy nods, looking slightly more peaceful than before but still not herself. "I still need to put some lotion on-"

"I can do it," she says in a small voice. "Anne's waiting-"

"And won't mind a few more minutes," I cut back with a pointed look.

Her eyes widen slightly realizing she cut me off but she quickly nods and heads over to the bed. She drops the towel and lays down on her stomach, folding her hands under her cheek.