53 Addicted

Jonathan

Time ticks by at a snail's pace as I wait for the girls to come back. I check my phone for the third time and shift in my seat. Something feels off...

"Why don't I go check and see if everything is okay?" Becca offers, her gaze trained on me.

"Good idea, kitten." Tony practically lifts her up and ushers her on her way.

The table falls silent as we wait. A few notes are dropped off but Viktor just thanks and dismisses the staff after taking them.

"Sorry, she just has these moments sometimes... gets overwhelmed," Viktor blurts out. "I guess I just thought..." he trails off and frowns, looking helpless.

"There's nothing to apologize for," I assure him. "I can't even imagine how big of an opportunity this is for her."

It's hard to remember that this was Natasha's big moment when my attention was solely focused on Izzy. She looked angelic on stage yet my thoughts were far from pure.

Watching her respond to my silent commands from across the crowded room was perfection. Even at that distance, I could see her nerves begin to melt away as she gave herself to me.

Upclose was even better. Watching both men and women desire what was clearly mine... the way their faces fell when she melted against me.

If I wasn't addicted before I am now...

"Man you've got it bad," Tony says with a chuckle.

"That obvious eh?" I grin, fully owning it.

"I don't think we could wipe the grin off of his face if we tried," Viktor adds. His dark gaze sparkles with mischief as he rubs it in. "I mean we could try..."

I frown and look at my watch once more. Something deep in my gut tells me something is wrong...

"I think I'm just going to go check on them," I mumble as I get up.

As I weave my way through the packed crowd people fail to move, lost in their own worlds. My frustration mounts as I'm slowed to a snail's pace.

Thankfully the restrooms come into sight as my temper reaches a brittle state. Just short of the door it flings open and Becca storms out, a scowl deeply etching her features.

"Jonathan!" She gasps, wide-eyed as she freezes in place. Izzy crashes into her and falls to the ground, landing on her butt.

"Shit!" I hiss, crouching down to check her over.

Izzy sits there, her bottom lip quivering as she looks up at me. I cup her cheek, gently swiping my thumb across her soft skin.

"Angel, are you hurt?" I look deep into her blue eyes and can see she's upset, but I'm not convinced this is why.

"No," she whispers.

"Come on let's get you up." I wait for her to nod before lifting her to her feet.

I keep an arm wrapped around her waist, keeping her steady but she keeps her face hidden. As gently as I can, I lift her chin to make her look at me. Her cheeks burn and I can see something is troubling her.

"Izzy, what's wrong?" My chest feels heavy, knowing something is off.

"I fell in front of everyone," she whimpers.

"Oh Izzy, everyone falls, it's okay, Angel. Let's get you back to the table, hmm?" She nods and melts against me, following my lead back to the table.

"Did something happen?" Viktor asks. He arches a brow as his gaze jumps from woman to woman before lingering on Izzy.