31 Bambi

Sun streams through the open curtains, waking me from my peaceful slumber. I blink my swollen eyes and brush sleep from them.

"Stay," Jonathan grumbles beneath me as he wraps his arms tighter around my waist. His eyes are shut and he's half asleep, latched onto me like his favourite teddy bear.

"But I've got to pee," I whine, pushing on his chest. His eyes crack open and he sighs but reluctantly releases me.

I slide off of him and step onto the floor, wincing as my body shifts. As my senses come back I realize I have more aches than I knew possible.

After taking care of business I brush my teeth and get something to drink to soothe my dry throat. Jonathan is propped up against the headboard and waiting for me as I slip back, painfully aware of how naked I am.

"You're sore," he notes, watching how I support my breasts and walk. "Come here."

I slip back into the warm bed with him and feel myself melt. Jonathan tenderly strokes my hair and caresses my cheek.

"This is why a good long soak after is important," he chides. The tone in his voice tells me he's madder at himself for knowing better.

"It's okay... I feel fine"

"You look like Bambi after the ice scene," he deadpans with a pointed look.

I can't help but laugh, mostly because he's right. All of my muscles and ones I didn't even know about feel like they've been through hell and back.

"That's it." He slips out of bed and marches off to the bathroom, a moment later I hear the faucet running to fill the bath. The sweet smell of berries and cream fills the air and he comes to scoop me up a moment later.

His fussing has me giggling but he takes his job very seriously. Jonathan looks over every inch of me, making note of any bruises and asking me what hurts before guiding me into the tub.

As I sink down into its warm, bubbly embrace I feel my tension begin to melt away. Jonathan directs me to lay back and sets to work unbraiding my hair.

I feel like putty in his skillful hands as he washes and rinses every inch of me. He steps in with me and quickly showers as I rinse off, then wraps me in a fluffy towel.

Jonathan leaves only for a moment before returning a moment later with a cami bra and fluffy sweats then helps me dress before slipping on joggers and a t-shirt.

"Better?" He asks as I sag against him, resting my head on his chest.

"Very." I struggle to suppress a yawn and snuggle against him.

"Back to bed," he orders, backing out of the bathroom and dragging me to bed.

I may love when he gets a little rough with me but I love how tender and caring he is afterwards. Jonathan tucks me back in, and kisses my forehead but doesn't slip in beside me.

"Where are you going?!" I feel my high mood begin to waiver, wanting nothing more than a lazy day in bed with him.

"Shhh, angel," he murmurs with a reassuring smile. "I'm just going downstairs to grab us something to eat. I'll be back before you know it."

I settle down and nod, my stomach growling to add its approval of this plan. He slips out and a moment later I drift off, unable to keep my eyes open any longer.

"Izzy," Jonathan calls, caressing my cheek and coaxing me back awake.

I yawn and stretch as my mouth instantly waters. He's made us a feast of apple cinnamon waffle sticks and cut-up oranges, apples, blueberries and strawberries.

"I'll take that as a win," he chuckles, sliding in next to me and setting the tray on our laps. After the last time, I made sure to order a proper bed table so we could have more days like this.

"It's perfect, thank you." I snuggle into his side and melt against him, feeling the last of my tension ease.

We eat and watch a couple of movies though half of the time we're nodding off. After last night's intensity, this is exactly what I need.

Something starts to eat at me though as Jonathan fusses over me. What about him? He's so focused on meeting every one of my needs it doesn't look like he's doing anything for himself.

"What's wrong?" He asks, concern etching his features.

"Nothing," I say with a sigh. "But..."

"But what?" He pauses the movie, giving me his full attention.

"You worry so much about me and make sure I'm taken care of," I mumble, struggling to put my thoughts into words. "But what about you?"

"What about me?" He asks, furrowing his brows. Light shines in his eyes as he catches on and he smiles at me. "Angel, you take care of me every day."

"But that's different," I counter. "We take care of each other, but after, you focus only on me."

He smiles and nods, then pulls me onto his lap. "Izzy this is what I need. You. Taking care of you, making sure you are okay is what is important to me. Having you safe and sound, happily cuddled with me... I'm good."

The honesty in his voice makes my chest tighten but it still feels unfair.

"But don't you get sore?" I ask, furrowing my brow.

"It wasn't my ass that got tuned up," he jokes, chuckling at my slack jaw. I slap his chest but he just laughs more. "I just feel like I've been to the gym, you're getting feistier and I love it."

I bite my lip and feel my cheeks heat as flashes from last night come to mind. Suddenly an idea hits me and I grin and tug at his shirt.

"You are in no shape for round two," he chides.

"No, but if your muscles are tight, I can help." When Jonathan doesn't move I lock my gaze on his, willing him to cave. "Let me do this for you..."

"You are too sweet for words," he whispers then leans in for a tender kiss. "How did I ever get so lucky?"

I smile, having thought the same thing many times. "I wondered the same thing."

His eyebrow shoots high and he laughs. "She's got jokes today hmm?"

"No!" I gasp. "I meant me! I think about how lucky I am that you found me when you did... and that you didn't give up on me, even when I pushed you away." My voice trails off to a whisper as my eyes water.

I worry about what could have become of me if he didn't step in when he did. So much of my recovery, I owe to him for supporting me and giving me a safe place to call my own.

"Hey now," he coos, cupping my face. "Izzy, I will always be here for you. Always. You've given me so much and every day is better with you in it, never forget that."

His heartfelt words echo my own feelings leaving nothing more to say. With a reassuring smile, he leans back and slips off his t-shirt. I shimmy off his lap and he lays down on his stomach while I grab some massage oil from the nightstand.

"Strawberry?" He chuckles.

"You like strawberries," I dismiss, carefully straddling his ass.

After warming the oil between my palms I start to work up his spine. Jonathan lets out a content sigh encouraging me further.

His shoulders and upper back feel tight as I start to work, kneading and knuckling them. He groans and relaxes as I work every inch of him, leaving nothing untouched.

As I finish and close the bottle he reaches up and pulls me down, pinning me under one of his arms. I can't help but giggle as he tucks me close like his favourite teddy bear.

"Thank you," he sleepily murmurs, his eyes barely open. "That felt wonderful."

His praise is everything and leaves me grinning ear to ear. I tug a blanket up over us and feel sleepy once more.

"Love you Izzy," he whispers on the edge of sleep.

"I love you too, Jonathan." His eyes flutter open and he beams at me, loving when I say his name. Wrapped up in his arms, feeling safer and happier than I ever have before I find myself totally at peace as I drift away.