22 Whoops

Jonathan

I watch Izzy like a hawk as she continues to walk that fine line between boardroom Vixen and naughty sub. The combination has me warring with myself.

On one hand, I'm thrilled to see her growth but on the other hand, I'm itching to remind her exactly of who she's toying with. I want nothing more than to turn her into a needy mess, to have her begging me for the relief only I can give her. Her sweet surrender is like a drug to me and I'm addicted.

With every ounce of self-control and focus I have, I manage to keep my attention on the task at hand. By the end of our second meeting, I feel like I deserve a medal for the restraint I've shown.

I let out a sigh of relief as I close the door and lock it as our last client drives away. Slowly the tension of holding myself in check starts to relent, knowing her ass is mine for the next few hours.

"Bella," I call, stalking back to the office with purpose. I practically growl finding the space empty and turn to head in search of her.

"Where are you hiding kitten?" I taunt, feeling a mounting sense of excitement. Straining for any signs of her I scan the living room before hearing the fridge close.

"Kitchen," she calls sweetly, as if that will save her ass.

I stroll in to the kitchen and stop short seeing her on the far side of the island fixing a traveller's cup of coffee. My brow arches as I try and figure out what she's up to.

"Oh, are you hungry too? I could fix something but-"

"Bella," I cut in, shaking my head. "My appetite is fixed in other directions than food right now." Her eyes widen as she catches on.

"But the site visit?" She mumbles, having her plan derailed.

I frown for a split second earning a sly smile from her. Instantly I curse myself for agreeing to meet with one of his contractors today, but on the other hand, it's not vital... I could put him off.

"Suddenly my day is wide open kitten, you've been teasing me all morning after all," I reply. Her lips part in surprise as I once again turn the tables on her.

Slowly I stalk around the island towards her. Izzy backs up, bumping against the back counter as I trap her in the corner.

"But-but," she stammers, locking her blue eyes on mine.

I cage her in, leaning against the counter on either side of her. "But what kitten?" I grin, taking in her flustered state.

"Erin's expecting us?" Her voice is small and uncertain and throws me off balance.

Erin?

I thought I pencilled in Uptown mechanical in that open three-hour block...

Oh shit! The restaurant!

Suddenly I remember Izzy telling me that Erin phoned her up to do an update meeting. Although she is Izzy's first client and she has decision-making power with her account, she asked me to come along.

Fuck, I double booked.

"You forgot..."

Her words hit like a ton of bricks, not just because I fucked up and she's right, but the disappointment lacing her tone is downright unbearable.

"I can put my appointment off," I answer immediately, admitting my fault. "It was just a formality anyway, I'll be there."

Izzy pushes on my chest and straightens, avoiding eye contact. "No, they're counting on you. I can do this."

She slips away from me and grabs the keys and her purse, practically ready to bolt. I grab her wrist, stopping her in her tracks and pull her back to me.

"Angel, I'm sorry," I whisper, caressing her cheek. "I will cancel with the contractor, honest, it's my fault."

Izzy shakes her head and offers a weak smile. "It's just an update. I just asked you to go because you had an opening... now you don't." She shrugs, trying not to let how much it bothers her show but fails miserably.

"Iz-"

"Please. It's okay. What's a couple of hours right?" She sighs but recovers a bit. "I already have the paperwork pulled for your final appointment, if you're okay solo, maybe I can do some grocery shopping while I'm out?"

I search her gaze for the right answer here. I've dealt with clients solo before, Izzy just makes everything easier. If this is what she truly wants, who am I to say no? I'll just have to make it up to her later.

"You're sure?" I ask once more. "I can canc-"

Izzy laughs and pushes softly on my chest. "Jonathan, it's okay, really. I'll see you tonight." She reaches up on her tippytoes and places a soft kiss on my lips before she heads out, leaving me standing in the kitchen.

I watch her pull out and can't help but feel bad for dropping the ball. She's taken her client very seriously and no doubt wanted to show me just how far they'd come.

A quick look at the clock shows I have about thirty minutes to get downtown for my site visit. With any luck, the meeting will be quick and allow me back with enough time to set up a surprise for Izzy.

Fortunately, I've already got everything I need, we've just been too busy to make time. I head upstairs and grab the bag I bought at leather and lace looking at the contents and making a quick mental note.

As I head out my mind begins to run wild, conjuring up provocative images of what the night could hold for us. Originally I intended to punish her slightly for teasing me so openly but after forgetting her meeting after agreeing to go I'm doubting myself.

Izzy does so much and asks for nothing in return, that in and of itself deserves a reward. But what counts as a reward for her?

She loves when I dominate her. How wet she gets when I'm a little rough speaks volumes. She's an intoxicating mix of delicate flower and masochist. I want nothing more than to test her limits and yet I don't want to do anything to risk a setback.

Fortunately, there are plenty of things we can do, far from her limits. I can't hold back my grin as I formulate my plan. I can practically hear her sweet whimpers and begging already!