18 The Game's Afoot

Jonathan

Christ, what did I start?!

What sounded like a good idea at the time, just a little mutual teasing, quickly escalated to an inferno of desire. Pulling myself away from Izzy, all needy in my office like that is torture. Walking back in for my keys and finding her pressed against the walls, thighs rubbing together threw my resolve completely out the window.

Hopefully, by the time I get home, she'll be as worked up as I am and ready to finish what we started, or not and I'll get to punish her. Either way since putting her on time out my mind has been on overdrive, thinking of new ways to explore her.

I look out the window as Greg drives us back to the city. His plans are sound and this isn't the first time we've worked together with the last project ending quite lucratively. The man is as thorough as I am though and wants me up to speed on everything before we sign all the contracts.

"Looks like you're planning to stick around a bit longer this time hmm?" Greg leads, keeping his attention ahead on the road.

"Mmmhmm," I mumble, knowing the man is like a bloodhound. "I'm just taking things as they come right now."

"Oh yeah?" he asks, side-eyeing me. "Mr. I live out of hotels and condos because I don't stay in one place long enough to sign a lawn care contract?"

I groan knowing exactly where he's going with this. "So the contrator-"

"Will be waiting at the site when we get there," he cuts in grinning. "Are you seriously going to make me drag it out of you?"

I raise a brow, trying to keep my expression neutral. "Drag what?"

"Okay, okay, if you don't want to level with me about your incredible assistant that's fine... just know you're not fooling anyone," he replies with a chuckle.

He's right. Even before me and Izzy caught on, Anne and Taz had shipped us from the get-go. I'm sure Jack, Becca and Natasha did too.

Truth be told, she was just too perfect I didn't think she was real. Izzy is everything I need in my other half, and slowly I'll help her see that.

As if she can sense me thinking about her my cell goes off, flashing her name in a text.

Izzy: Becca called and she needs help at the club, do you need me any more for the day?

Me: you're free to do whatever you want, don't work to hard and remember, no touching Bella.

Izzy: but I'll be distracted at work Sir...

I can practically hear her begging as I read her message. Grinning, I type my reply.

Me: The choice is yours Bella, good girls get rewarded, bad girls get punished.

Chat bubbles immediately pop up as I stare at the phone, eager to know if I should be planning her punishment or reward. Izzy leaves me conflicted, a part of me loves to punish, but Izzy is such a good girl she does anything to earn my praise which is a completely different high.

Me: So which should I plan? Punishment or reward?

Izzy: I'll be good.

My grin spreads. I know she's disappointed but her need to please me trumps her own pleasure, leaving me shifting gears to rewards.

"Jezus man, that woman has you grinning like a Cheshire cat," Greg says with a laugh.

"Shut up," I groan as I click my phone off and slip it back into my pocket, trying to turn my mind back to the business at hand.

The sooner I finish up here, the sooner I can get home to Izzy. My smile drops when I realize she won't be there... during the week Bliss is open until midnight so it could easily be one am before she's home.

Well fuck!

Suddenly our game isn't so fun, knowing that I'm now the one that will be left waiting.

"Now what?" Greg goads, grinning like a fool. "You look like someone stole your favourite toy."

In a manner of speaking...

"Nothing so dramatic, just a change in plans," I reply, brushing him off.

"Anything serious? I can reschedule-"

"Really man," I cut in with a chuckle. "Quite the opposite. My dinner plans have been cancelled so I'm in no rush at all."

Finally, he drops it and makes small talk about the project as we near the site. As I expected Greg has everything in line when we get there. All of the trade foremen, permits, building plans, are assembled for us to run through.

I find myself on autopilot as he and his contractors run through every aspect of the site and stage plans. All he needs is a nod from me here and there and a small comment or question to keep engrossed.

My mind however refuses to stay on track and keeps drifting back to Izzy. I keep seeing flashbacks of her on time out, strung up at the end of our bed like that, remembering how she felt under me...her taste...how responsive she was...

Fuck. If I can't get my mind off of this Greg's contractors are going to think I'm far more excited for the project than I am.

After what feels like an eternity we finally finish up and the sun is beginning to set. Greg babbles excitedly the entire way back to the house to drop me off. He's already planning his next project suddenly filled with new inspiration but I can't keep my mind from wandering.

I flick on the lights, finding the house eerily quiet. My stomach grumbles leading me to the kitchen where a note on the counter catches my attention.

Dinner is in the fridge,

don't forget to eat!

In the fridge is a covered plate of penne, a Cesar salad and a bottle of red wine, front and center so I can't miss it. I smile at how thoughtful she is and nuke the pasta while I have the salad and pour a glass of wine.

Even the sound of the TV isn't enough to fully drown out the silence of this empty house. I've always kept myself busy to distract myself so after dinner I do just that, burying myself in my office.

The night stretches on and the wine catches up to me, making my eyelids grow heavy. I give up and take a quick shower before crawling into bed to watch some TV while I wait for Izzy.

I don't know how long I last but end up falling asleep. The next thing I know the TV and lights are off and Izzy is curled up against my side where she belongs. In no time I'm out and slip into a deep restful sleep.