52 Eyes On Me

Jonathan stands in the middle of the crowd but the way he watches me has the world dissolving around us. He looks just like a bondman, dressed in a form-fitting black tuxedo with his chestnut beard closely cropped but his warm brown eyes are locked on me, smouldering.

My heart flutters erratically seeing him here. Jonathan raises two fingers and points at his eyes, silently telling me 'eyes on me.' Instantly a sort of calm falls over me as my body responds to its master.

I take a deep breath and lick my lips, waiting for Becca to pass me. Jonathan smiles, his gaze raking over me as I wait. I can feel the weight of it, heating my skin as it roams.

My turn comes and I take my first step then another. The silver strappy sandals click ever so lightly on the hard runway as the silk and lace of my dress swish around my legs. Murmured comments and applause are muffled as I focus solely on Jonathan.

As I approach the end he twirls his fingers and I obey, spinning slowly to give him the full view. The dress flares out around me like petals on a flower. I take one last look over my shoulder at him, bite my lip and walk back, feeling my hips sway even more.

His grinning face is burned into my mind and helps me loosen up. Becca's bouncing by the time I get back and Natasha beams at me. She takes our hands and leads us down the runway once more for our exit.

My attention is split between Jonathan and my friends but I'm also aware more of the crowd's reaction this time. Gone are the civilized golf claps as more enthusiastic cheers sound.

They love her work!

Natasha basks in the applause, first spinning Becca for a finale. A whistle and loud clapping draw my attention past Jonathan to where Tony stands, grinning and cheering like a fool. With my final spin, Natasha is cheered off stage.

People swarm us immediately, bombarding us from every direction with questions before we even make it off the stage. The attention is disorienting as we get swept away. Thankfully all they ask me is how the dress feels and what Natasha is like to work with.

I do my best to talk Nat's skill up, though it's not hard and the dresses speak for themselves. They may be beautiful from afar but up close all of her attention to detail is clear.

Jonathan appears from nowhere and slips up against my side, wrapping his arm around my waist and settling his hand on my hip. I smile up at him, thankful for his support and relax at his contact.

After what feels like forever we finally break away, much to her admirer's disappointment. The way she effortlessly handles everything leaves me awestruck.

Natasha bumps my shoulder, grinning ear to ear. "Always leave 'em wanting more," she whispers with a triumphant giggle. Viktor is wrapped around her other side just like Jonathan is mine, while Becca and Tony lead the way to our table.

"You were mesmerizing," Jonathan whispers. He stops us just short of the table and turns me to face him. The pride shining in his eyes leaves me blushing.

"Thank you, but why didn't you tell me you were coming?" I playfully smack his chest, earning a throaty chuckle.

"And ruin the surprise? Never!" He trails his finger along my clavicle and down my breast bone. "I see you got my gift, it looks good on you."

"W-what?!" I look down at the necklace Natasha put on me for the first time tonight. It's a silver swirl that snakes around my neck with the tail curled on my sternum. In the very center is a charm with his initials scrolled across it. "This is yours?!"

He leans in closer and lifts my chin, pinning me in place with his gaze. "You didn't think I would send you out alone, knowing how much attention you would draw without a reminder of whose you are, did you?"