17 Promise

Sunlight streaming through the window makes me groan and try to roll over but something traps me, setting my panic off in my foggy state. Jonathan grumbles and shifts below me but only tightens his grip on me.

"Stay," he murmurs, not bothering to open his eyes. A soft giggle slips past me watching my dominant pout.

My Dominant...

I smile, feeling more at peace than I have in a long time. Not only did Jonathan not blame me for freaking out but he didn't leave me. He even found a way to bring our dynamic back.

Everyone has always left... but not him.

"It's too early to be thinking that hard little one," he whispers, brushing the hair away from my face.

"How can you possibly know that I'm thinking too hard?" I scoff. The man is barely awake, his eyes are only slightly cracked open now.

Jonathan lifts a calloused finger and runs it between my eyebrows. "You get a wrinkle here when you really think about something." His husky morning voice is beyond sexy and I just want to hear more.

He chuckles and opens his eyes more, smiling as he tucks my hair behind my ear. His fingertips skim along my spine, making me shiver but his gaze never leaves mine.

"That's better. You tense up... it's a dead giveaway." Jonathan kisses my forehead and sighs. "Angel, what's bothering you so early? Was I too rough?"

The remorse in his voice leaves me gaping. Last night was perfect! He gave me just enough pain to heighten the pleasure, leaving me spent and satisfied.

"Not at all, the opposite really," I trail off, dropping my gaze.

Jonathan lifts my chin locking his gaze on mine once more. "Then tell me what's wrong." The pain of not knowing what's upset me is clear in his eyes and I want nothing more than to erase it.

I owe him that and so much more.

"You didn't leave me," I whisper, feeling my eyes water.

His gaze widens and he shakes his head in disbelief. "Izzy, what happened wasn't your fault, and even if it was, Angel I'd never leave you like that."

My breath hitches and a tear slips down my cheek, hearing him say that out loud.

"I made you a promise early on, do you remember?" he asks, tenderly wiping my cheek. I nod, earning a warm smile. "And what was it?"

"That you'd help me get to where I wanted to be," I reply, my voice breathy and wavering.

"Exactly. Where YOU want to be." He stresses 'you' and pauses, letting his words sink in. "Izzy, if this was all you had to offer me, cuddles on the couch and your company, I'd take it and be a happy man because I have you."

"Y-you don't want me as your submissive?!" I gasp, pushing off of his chest.

Jonathan tosses back his head and chuckles. "God no Izzy! I mean yes, I love your submission. But what we have is so much deeper than that."

My cheeks heat as I once again drop my gaze and smile. Jonathan shifts under me, cradling me close as he semi sits up.

"Iz, you're stuck with me," he reiterates. "The good and bad, ups and downs, I'm here for it all, just don't shut me out, okay?"

"Okay," I whisper snuggling in closer. Jonathan hugs me tighter and presses his lips to the top of my head.

"I love you Izabella," he whispers as sleep drags me down once more.