58 Inside Job

Jonathan

Four blissful days have passed since our impromptu play session. Izzy has been much calmer and relaxed ever since, but that's only half of the revelation.

"Stop grinning like that old man, you're going to make me sick," Anne groans. Like everyone she's dressed in pool attire but with her flair. She wears a simple black one-piece bathing suit with a silver and black sheer wrap, but her blood-red lips, oversized sunglasses and black sun hat leave her a cigarette on a stick away from a vintage bombshell.

She sits with me and Viktor in his office, having tied up a few loose ends with the club move. Her security is all hand-picked and although there are more than before she can't guard both buildings so Viktor is renting some muscle.

A squeal outside pulls my attention to Becca as she's thrown over Tony's shoulder and carried off to the pool. Moments later Nat sends Jack flying into the pool as Izzy laughs in the lounge chair. She's wearing a baby blue bikini that makes me just want to cart her off.

"Christ man," Viktor teases, "you are hopeless." His dark eyes shine with mischief as he watches me watching the girls.

"It looks good on you...nauseating but good," Anne adds. "I've never seen either of you so happy before."

"She's contagious," Viktor adds, nodding to the poolside where Natasha sits. The pool party is in celebration of her signing a deal with an exclusive label and landing some sort of a partnership with her dream designer.

"Becca and Nat have been obnoxiously bubbly-" Viktor snorts back a laugh, cutting Anne off, earning a scowl.

"Somone's just cranky cause they're trying to set her up." Viktor wiggles his brows, his grin growing in victory as she glares daggers at him.

"Jack ass!"

"You know," I muse. "Seems to me that I was set up once... It's not as bad as you think. They do know your tastes, after all."

Anne sighs and slumps in her chair, her green gaze looking a million miles away. "With Jack leaving, maybe it's for the best? I can focus more on the club..." Her voice betrays her. The longing tone tells how much she wants exactly the opposite.

For as long as I've known her, Anne has wanted a steady partner but something always seems to get in the way. It's ironic that the person responsible for so many happily ever afters should struggle to find her own.

"Enough about that," Anne dismisses. "What about Izzy, have you two had the talk yet?"

I cringe, knowing I'm running out of time and shake my head.

"Jonathan," she chides.

"Hey." I toss up my hands in surrender. "I had every intention of sitting her down the other day after her shift at the club, but she had other ideas..."

A sappy grin slips on my lips as visions of her flash through my mind. The soft whimpers she made, and how she fought against her bonds, the entire night was incredibly satisfying.

"I take it no more setbacks?" Viktor asks with a knowing smirk.

"Not a one." My grin only grows at their hungry expressions. I shake my head and chuckle. "I've had my share of play partners, but I had no idea it could be like this!"

In such a short time she worked herself so deeply into my life, enriching every aspect. That deeper connection makes our play just that much more satisfying.

"More reason to get that talk out of the way, hmm?" Anne purses her lips and arches her brow, making me feel like a kid brought before the principal.

I sigh and hunch over my chair. "I'm just waiting for the right moment..."