64 End of an Era

Jonathan

I sigh, eyeing up the next crate we have to wrestle out of the club. Already my shoulders burn from all the others we've loaded today.

After the cluster fuck that was last night, manual labour seems like a fitting penance. The part that sticks out in my mind the most is how on earth Izzy could ever think that I would leave her?

I don't even know when it happened, but she quickly became the center of my world. When one of my investments out west came due, the thought of going out there to deal with it was daunting.

Suddenly the answer became clear. Everything I need is here, and thanks to Izzy, my home is here too. I've outgrown the nomad life I'd been living for so long. Unfortunately with investments all over the place that means I need to consolidate.

"Less thinking, more lifting," Anne chides. Taz wheels the cart into position and grabs half to help lift the crate in place.

"Just a bit left on the main floor now, but we've got to take this load over first." With that Taz heads out, leaving me with Anne. There's an awkward tension between us that makes the air heavy.

"Listen, I was out of line-"

She flicks up her wrist and sighs. "You were," she cuts in pointedly. "But so was I... Izzy is your submissive, not mine. I crossed a line and apologize."

I shake my head. "Na, you were right. I was fired up." Guilt creeps back over me as I think about last night.

"Would you have changed what you did?" She arches a brow as if she can read my mind.

Would I?

"No." I frown, knowing that I still would have punished her for putting herself in danger. "But I would have told her about the trip sooner."

"Ahhhh." Anne's face splits into a triumphant grin. "Is that what it was all about? If only someone would have told you to just be upfront... then this could have been avoided." She stands there dramatically tapping her chin.

I can't help but roll my eyes. "Yes, yes, you told me so, I get it."

"Oh!" Anne gasps. "That's right! Someone did." She narrows her gaze at me but I just laugh.

"Right, so what's left?" I grumble. Anne snorts and leads the way, stopping in all the playrooms to make sure nothing that is going is left behind.

"Not much left now... less than a full truckload." Anne slips behind the bar and searches before pulling out a bottle of sparkling water. "Brat took all my booze."

I see through her joke and hear her hollowness. "You're going to miss him."

She sighs and sinks down onto the nearest barstool. "I am." Her head hangs and her shoulders slump. "Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for him, but it's so sudden..."

"People do long-"

"Distance?! Jonathan." She levels her gaze at me. "What part of either of us say long distance is in the cards?! Now you and Izzy? You two could make opposite sides of the world work."

I crack the bottle and pour two glasses before taking a seat next to her. She forces a smile but takes it and shoots it like booze.

"Well that won't be necessary with Izzy we had a long talk this morning, ironed out some details." If we didn't already have plans to help Anne, today would have gone differently.

I wanted to spend the day spoiling Izzy but had to make do with a morning instead. We started the day off right, waking her up with an orgasm, then I warmed up some of those fruity waffles she makes and had breakfast in bed.

We stayed in there for hours going over the game plan to shut down my remote investments. In two weeks we'll be on a bit of a mini-vacation, something that went from a daunting task to something I'm looking forward to all because of her.

"Any details I should know?" Anne arches a brow as a smirk tugs at her lips.

"Depends on how you feel about cottages?" I chuckle. Anne tilts her head, clearly thrown off track. "We were looking at accommodations. She wanted this little cottage on the lake, so that's what we booked."

"You could give her pent houses and mansions, and she just wants farmhouses and cottages." Anne shrugs and laughs. "She couldn't be more different than Loni."

I frown at the mention of my ex-submissive. Looking back I can't help but wonder if anything was real between us, hell I don't even know what I saw in her. All she saw in me was a bank account and a lifestyle she wanted.

Anne's right, Izzy is nothing like that. I could take her out for lobster every night, but she'd rather cook pasta for me and talk about our days. I offer her the world, and she crafts me a home that makes me forget about the world...

"You're looking a little sappy there." Anne's watching me with a curious expression, like she knows what I'm thinking.

"Sorry." I roll my eyes. "And to think, I was just thinking you were right..."

"Oh well then, by all means, carry on," she chuckles. "On that train of thought... when do you guys leave?"

"About two weeks, maybe just over?" I feel around for my cell but must have left it in the car.

Anne frowns. "Cutting it a little close, aren't you, old man?"

I snort back a laugh. "How dare my business affairs get in the way of your grand opening. So thoughtless of me..."

"Thank you!" She throws her hands wide and casts her face dramatically to the havens.

Truth be told I wouldn't miss the club's grand opening for the world. Izzy is more excited about it than I've seen her for anything.

Ever since she experimented with rope at the club she has been insatiable. Often when we have downtime, she grabs a bundle of rope and brings it to me to play with.

Rope has an instantly calming effect on her. The moment the smooth cord touches her skin she relaxes and focuses all of her attention on every touch and direction. She drifts off into a content, trance-like state.

Unlike the cuffs, she had no apprehension to being restrained by rope. I've done several constrictive ties and she bares them all with her unique brand of grace.

"Izzy is really looking forward to it," I assure her. "We both are."

"So you'll be doing a scene?" Both brows arch as she watches for me to change my mind.

"You make me sound like I never participate," I humph.

"Well, you've always been possessive over your submissives and Izzy more so than any other..."

I shrug, having no rebuttal. Izzy is special to me, but I've never been an exhibitionist in that respect. My submissive bodies and orgasms are only for me.

"Izzy is far past a budding rope bunny, and she is a perfect muse." I smile thinking about all the possibilities. She possesses such grace that even the simplest poses are art with her.

"Good. Listen, I was planning on doing a bit of a farewell party for Jack, but not, because he hates that kind of thing..." She sighs and palms her face. "Nothing fancy just his friends all together for the first night of the club, are you guys in?"

"We can make an evening of it, do it up? Who are you thinking? Tony, Becca, Viktor and Nat?" I nod and feel a missing piece fall into place. "I wonder if you could help me with something that's been on my mind too?"

Anne rests her elbows on the bar and lens in to set her chin on her laced fingers. Her green eyes sparkle with excitement. "Tell me everything..."