21 Dangerous Game

Jonathan

I breathe deep and stretch as I shake my morning sleepiness away. My eyes snap wide open when I find Izzy is no longer tucked against me. Her side is cold, telling me she's been gone for a while.

"Izzy?" I call, straining to hear her answer but none comes.

Frowning I slip out of bed and tug on a t-shirt, not bothering to change from my sleep pants. I open the bedroom door and the rich, savoury scent of breakfast hits me, making me grin.

Sure enough, I find Izzy busy in the kitchen, already dressed and ready for the day. The kitchen tiles are cold against my bare feet as I silently sneak up on her.

"Nice try," she teases as I get into arms reach. Before I can question her I catch her watching me in the reflection on the microwave glass.

"You're up early," I murmur, slipping up against her and wrapping my arms around her waist. Izzy sighs and relaxes instantly into my arms.

"We have a busy morning," she mumbles as she melts back against me.

Feeling her body flush against mine suddenly reminds me of our unfinished business. I brush my lips against her neck, smiling as her breath hitches at the contact.

"How busy?" I whisper, nipping her earlobe.

Too quick to process she slips out of my arms and turns on me, spatula raised with a pointed look. "Too busy," she chides, earning a raised brow.

"Which one of us is the boss again?" I counter, taking a step towards her.

Izzy fights a laugh and takes a step back to maintain her distance. "You are Sir," she whispers breathlessly. "But your first appointment is in less than an hour, and I don't think it would send the right message if he walked in to find you banging your secretary." I raise a brow unable to dispute her logic, but at this moment I dont care.

Her resolve breaks and she giggles, giving me the opportunity to grab her wrist and divert the spatula away while my other arm wraps around her waist. Izzy squeals and giggles but is no match for me as I pull her against me.

"Jonathan," she whines, turning her big blue puppy dog eyes on me. "I'll burn breakfast." Complete with a pout I can't resist her plea and reluctantly let go.

"Why didn't you wake me?" I grumble, feeling robbed.

Izzy is already back at the stove, flipping her pans and turns with a plate piled high with bacon for me. "I was going to wake you up with breakfast in bed," she replies with a frown. "But I was too slow."

I can't help the sly grin that slips on my lips as my mind gutters once more. "I had a different idea for breakfast in bed," I tease.

Izzy tilts her head, not catching on at first before she flushes scarlet and drops her gaze. Her reaction has me chuckling as she dashes away for plates.

Giving her a break, I fill up the waiting mug with coffee and top up her water. Izzy sets down omelets, hash and bacon, smiling contently to herself.

I pull out her seat, tuck her in and kiss her on the temple before taking my own seat. As always her cooking is phenomenal.

"So if I remember right," I start, drawing her attention up from her half-eaten breakfast. "We have the two appointments in the morning then a few hours until the last one?"

Izzy's eyes widen comically as she picks up my meaning. As quickly as it starts, she shakes her head, recovering from her shock.

"No, that gap is for a site visit you pencilled in, honestly," she chides as she gets up and gathers our plates. "What would you down without me?"

I grab her waist and pull her onto my lap, making her squeal. With Izzy flush against me I can't focus on the day ahead, all I can think about is ripping those clothes off of her and finishing what we started.

She shifts her hips, grinding her perfect ass against my groin, making it even harder to focus. In an instant, she takes advantage of my distracted state and breaks my grip before bolting to the sink.

Sudden realization dawns on me, she's teasing me like I teased her.

That little minx!

I get up and head towards her, intent on showing her that two can play this game. She stands up straighter and looks out the window and tenses.

"They're early!" Izzy calls, turning to look over her shoulder. I don't miss how she bites her lip to stifle her laugh.

Sure enough, a car is pulling into the driveway leaving me cursing and jogging up the stairs. Her laughter is all I hear as I hastily dash into our room and clean up to get dressed for our meeting.

Izzy is comfortable in her role now and I hear her greet the client and welcome him in before settling him in the office. By the time I get there he has a coffee and muffin and is going over preliminary documents with her, making sure everything is in order.

I pause in the doorway, watching her ease at dealing with him. Where once she was flighty and timid she owns this space, exuding comfort and ease as she listens to him and produces what he needs.

"Sorry to keep you waiting," I say, announcing my presence as I walk in and take my seat.

Efficient as always everything we need is at arms reach and the appointment goes smoothly. With final approvals and endless signatures, the appointment is done, leaving the paperwork to file with Izzy. Our second appointment goes just as smoothly.

I don't miss how Izzy stands and moves. She flits around the office, going about her business, but stays just out of reach, yet is sure to give me the best views as if to taunt me. Our clients, completely unaware of our game focus on the documents or me, oblivious to the way she leans in or bends over.

She started out subtlety, leaving me wondering if I was seeing things, my mind's already worked up. Then she got bolder, locking her gaze on mine or biting her lip, making it clear she was toying with me.

I can't help but take the bait as she leans over once more, barely giving me a peak beneath her blouse. Red lace bra accented by a well hidden red body harness catch my attention.

"Jonathan?" The client asks, drawing my attention from Izzy to the expectant man. She bites her lip to stop her triumphant smirk but I see it clear as day.

"Sorry," I breathe out, shaking my head to gather my wits. "My mind is drifting today."

He takes my excuse at face value and repeats the question. Izzy looks on intently, smiling to herself, clearly proud of her effect on me.

When the client slips out to grab something from his car I seize the operatunity. Izzy gasps as I pin her to the wall, her wide blue eyes dart between me and the doorway.

"You're playing a dangerous game Bella," I warn, dropping a hand to caress her neck. She shivers under my touch as I run my thumb over her throat.

Knowing time is short I lean in, stopping inches from her lips, so soft and inviting. I can feel the heat radiating from her body through our clothes as I pin her in place.

"What ever do you mean Sir?" She whispers, her cheeks flush and pupils blown.

I grin darkly, enjoying this side of her. A honk in the driveway signals his car locking, warning that times nearly up.

"Just remember Bella, work ends eventually." Her lashes flutter innocently as the front door clicks open and I step back.

Slowly she licks her lips and smiles up at me. "I'm counting on it Sir," she replies and bites her lip as she puts space between us once more, just in time for the client to walk back in, oblivious to us.

I shake my head realizing she's won this round. Little does she realize I'm making a mental note of everything...

Five o'clock can't come fast enough!