2

[ Paisley ]

When we got back, Josh gave me the guest room to stay in until I get back on my feet. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time in the room and not with Josh. I don't want to bother him. I changed into my pj's and get in bed, sitting up. I grab my laptop and start looking up how to sell my old house and looking for a new one. Once I finish with that I look for a job. Not to many things I'm qualified for; so I give up on that and start looking up random stuff. I type in the beginning of a sentence to Google and see what comes up.

"Why is my poop...

green

blue

red"

I chuckle a little. I hear a knock on the door. I know it's Josh. I look at the time and it's about nine at night.

"Come in." I say quietly, but loud enough for him to hear me. I'd rather not talk now, but Josh walks in and sits on the end of my bed.

"I was just thinking: I'm having some stranger sleep in my house tonight, and I know nothing about her. So. Tell me something." I laugh.

"Okay. And, uh. Thanks for letting me stay here. I promise it wont be long. But, I don't know. What do you want to know?" I asked. Surprisingly, I'm staying calm. Inside I'm a mess, but I'm not acting awkward or anything.

"Favorite color?" He asked quick.

"Gray and Purple." I respond quicker. We go back and forth.

"Favorite movie?"

"Benny & Joon, or uh, Guardians Of The Galaxy."

"When's your birthday?"

"November 8th 1996."

"So you're twenty four?" He asked. I nod. "Ever been arrested?"

"Only for murder. I hope that doesn't bother you." I say jokingly. I laugh. " No, I've never.... have you?"

"No." He says laughing. "I like your tattoo."

"That's not a question. But thanks." I say playing with my right ear. My right ear is the one that is tattooed. I love that tattoo. I don't have many tattoos, for now just that one. But I hope to get a few more.

"Why'd you get it? Like, what dose it mean?" I laugh. It has a meaning. I just don't want to tell him to make him mad and want to know even more.

"Nah. I mean, it means something. But I'm not gonna tell you." I smirk.

"Why?" He asked curious.

"I'll tell you the day I leave here."

"Fine...What's your favorite band? Or music artist." He questioned, hoping I will say twenty one pilots. He points to himself and mouths "TWENTY ONE PILOTS!" I laugh.

"Oh. You know. All Time Low, Fall Out boy, Pierce the Veil, Sleeping with Sirens, Tonight Alive, We Are The In Crowd, Panic! At The disco, Of Mice & Men, Green Day, MCR... oh and Twenty one pilots.." He nod.

"YESSSSS!" He says happy.

"As long as we're playing twenty questions, I have one for you." He nods. "Why are you being so nice to me?" He smiles and laughs a little. "Really! Why?" He giggles a bit. "I'm serious!" I say through my laughter.

"Cause. You're nice."

"I've barley known you 12 hours. How do you know? For all you know, I could be the rudest person you'll ever meet. I could be rude, and obnoxious, and... and annoying."

"Because, you're not now."

"Oh you just wait... I prefer the toilet paper over, not under. And.. And. OH! I always have to fold my pizza in half so I eat the bottom crust. See. I'm annoying."

"Oh man, You should just leave know. You've crossed the line." Josh says sarcastically. "I should go to bed. Good night, Paisley." He gets up and walks to the door.

"Good night, Josh." He smiles and walks out. He closes the door and put my face in my pillow and lay there. I turn over and fall asleep.