23

[ Paisley ]

I lie away, waiting for Josh to get up. I'm surprised he hasn't yet, the blinds are open just enough to let the blinding morning sun in. I face away from the window, but the white walls reflect enough to still hurt my tired eyes. I shake Josh a little. I can't help but smile as he flutters his eyes open. His eyes land on me and he smiles too.

"Didn't you have to do something today with Tyler?" I ask in a hushed whisper. He nods, stretching.

"What time is it?" He yawns. I take my phone off of the night stand and look at the time.

"Ten." I say putting my phone back. She shrugs.

"We got a little of time. It's not till eleven." He smiles. I play with my lip ring with my teeth and lay back down. He pulls me into a hug while we're still laying down. he kisses the top of me head. "Just a question." Josh asked as if preparing me for an offensive question. I look at him in the eyes, still playing with my lip ring, but this time from nerves. "When he, uh... raped you was there like, is he."

"I was drunk. I don't really remember to much about the before. And no, Josh. I'm not pregnant." I say laughing a little. "I've already check. Multiple times." Josh nods in relief. "I love you."

"I love you too. Hey, I should get going back home to get ready. But, I have no sense of style. Help?" Josh questioned asking me to come back to his house with him. I smile and nod.

"What makes you think I know how to dress people? I mean, I'll come. But don't trust me with your wardrobe. I will make you look, so bad." I laugh. Josh Laughs too. We drive to his place witch isn't too far. I run in and spring to his room. I haven't been here in a while, it's kind of weird to be back. Josh comes jogging in and bends over, jokingly trying to catch his breath. I pull him up and shove him in to his closet. "Choose something." He picks out a shirt and some pants. "I'm gonna go pee, put it on. I'll be right back." He nods and proceeds to take off his shirt while I run to the bathroom.

On the way back I see a room with a his drum kit. I walk in and look at it. I sit down on the stool and pick up the sticks in the little holder thing. I don't know anything about drums, but they look cool!

"Want me to teach you something?" Josh asked walking in and smiling. I jump up in the air and off of the kit.

"You scared me!" he starts laughing, so I playfully hit him. He sits down and plays something really simple and slow. He hands me the sticks and gets off the stool.

"Play it." He smiles. I smirk and sit down. I hit the medium sized one, them the symbol and the medium sized one again in the rhythm Josh played. He smiles. He takes his hands and puts them around mine, standing over me.Like the golfing thing. Guiding someones swing, but instead it's pounding drums. "You're a natural!" I bow.

"Thank you, thank you." I stop bowing and turn back to Josh. He smiles at me and pulls me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. "But the way. You look, real sexy in that." I pull back and look at him. He kisses me, but a split second later his phone goes off.

"Hey!" He pauses and listens to the person. "I'm sorry. Paisley and I were playin' drums." I make a confused face. he mouths 'Tyler' and I nod. "I'll be there soon... oh. That works too. Okay. See ya in a few.I know I am." Josh laughs hanging up the phone.

"Tyler said I'm out of the band because I was late to the meeting thing. He's on his way here already. I don't know if you want to stay or..."

"I'll stay. I don't really want to be alone for a while if that's okay." Josh nods and kisses me pulling me close to him. He walks out of the room and to the living room. I go lay in Joshes bed and take a little nap. I wake up, super groggy but not able to fall back asleep. I rub my eyes and I hear someone yelling. It's Tyler.

"No. Why would you do that?" He yells laughing very loud. I weakly smile and get up out of bed. I put my hair in a messy pony tail and walk out into the living room. I see them playing a card game.

"What happened to band stuff?" I asked confused and sleepy.

"Band mate bonding." The both say in unison, then high fiveing. Tyler stands up, setting his cards down and gives me a hug. "Hey, Paisley." He lets go and looks at me directly in the eyes. I look away for a split second. I look back as I start to talk.

"It's been a while. How are you." Tyler opens his mouth but out of the corner of my eye I see Josh Peek at Tyler's cards. "Put them down mister. I swear, dating him is like raising a child." Tyler laughs and shoots Josh a look. He looks back to me.

"I'm hanging in there. I should get ready to go to work. It was great seeing you again, Tyler. Tell Jenna I say hi." I smile as he hugs me again and sit's down with Josh. I go back to Josh's room and grab my phone and walk out into the living room. Josh jumps up and kisses me. "I'm going to be late. See you tonight?" I asked. He nods kissing me again. I push him off laughing. I walk home, change fast and head out to work.