35

[ Josh ]

Tyler, Ben, Mark and I get up early on our first day off. We pull into a strip mall with a jewelers attached. I look at Tyler, and he nods before he stands up and walks out of the door. He's done this before. I helped him pick out the ring for Jenna, but I have never needed to be the one to buy the ring and propose. We walk in and we each take a section of the store. Divide and conquer. I look in the glass cases at a few rings. Nothing screams Paisley.

"Hey, Josh. Over here." Ben calls. I walk over to his section and look at where he's pointing.

"I don't know. It's a little small." I comment. He looks around a little more and points to another one.

"How about the one next to it?" He asked. I look at it and fall in love.

"Tyler. Mark." I call. They walk over to us and I point out the ring Ben found. A jeweler walks over to us.

"Who's looking?" He asked. I raise my hand a little. He nods. "Which one?"

"Fifth to the left in the middle row." He takes it out of the case and shows me. "Could you do me a favor?" I asked He nods. "Could you put it in a ring box and hold it out to me?" I asked. He sighs and goes to get a ring box. He holds the box out towards me like how I would do to Paisley.

"It's a square halo shape, 1.17 carats crafted in 14k white gold." He pauses and look sup at me. "Do you like it?" He asked.

"I love it." I say memorized by the ring. "I'll take it."

[ Paisley ]

I head out to work. Today's my last day before I head out on tour with Josh. If anything I'm even more nervous for tour. I walk in and plop down in my chair. Olivia comes in and sits down next to me behind the desk.

"Hey, what are you-" She cuts me of.

"Greg ask me to come help today. He said there's some important boss man coming in tomorrow, he wants us to refile the paper work and clean up around here."

"Oh okay. Should we both work on filing or one of us take cleaning?" I question.

"Might as well split up. I'll take filing."

"Oh good! I'm really not in a paperwork mood right now." I laugh, relieved I get to clean. She laughs and heads back to the filing wall. I grab a broom and start sweeping up the pet hair. We have a ganator, but somethings we need a deep clean and not a quick all over.

"So, I haven't seen you in a while. What's up?" Olivia asked for the back of the front desk. I start pulling out chairs and sweeping under them.

"Oh... a lot. I moved in with Josh after we got back together."

"You two broke up?" Her head peeked out from behind the desk. I nod, keeping my eyes on the cat hair all over the floor.

"Yeah. It was a long not very fun thing, but we broke up while he was on tour and he came back and... wouldn't leave me alone until we got back together. Anyway. I moved in to hi house and I'm going to meet him on tour tomorrow, actually."

"Wow. That's amazing. So, fill me in -because I looks up his band after the day you got that adorable drummer shirt- there's only two people in the band?" She asked.

"Yup."

"And, you two are public... right?" She asked. Now that I think about it... I don't think we made an official announcement or anything, but we've been seen together. I'd really like to stay out of the public eye for a little, maybe it's just me but I don't think I could handle it. Jenna is an amazing person and handles it so well, I on the other hand would not be so graceful with it. I mean, from the time people thought Josh and I were dating
back when we first met, I still have people following me on a bunch of social media.

"No. Not really. It'd just be too hard on us, mostly me, but. I'm not... opposed to it. " I say. She nods. We finish cleaning in silence. After my long drawn out day of work, I head home to pack. Josh calls while I'm packing so we talk all night long about tour and seeing each other. I honestly don't think much of Jenna telling me Josh wants to propose. If he doesn't have the ring and he was just talking with Tyler it isn't a plan set in stone. Tyler shot Josh down and said not for a while. I'm not mad at Josh or Debby, Debby just came and made things a bit awkward between us. Both are famous, I'm not. She dated Josh, I am dating Josh. She's out hanging at a show with him and I'm not... yet. It just made me uncomfortable. I think this week and a few days with Josh on tour is needed.