34

[ Josh ]

After the show, Tyler and I head back to the green room to change, and chill for bit. The door opens and Debby comes in. She hustles over to me. I stand up and give her a hug.

"Hi, Josh. That was an amazing show." Debby lets go and turns around to Tyler. "You guys always put on amazing shows."She turns back to me. My eyes catch Tyler's. He points to the door and then makes a shooing motion towards the door.

"What, are you doing here? I thought you guys were on tour."

"Oh, we are. But we had a day off here and I really missed your shows. Nothing more." She confirms. I shrug, agreeing. Tyler flails around on the couch, frustrated that I'm cool with this. He stops when Debby turns around.

"Josh. I'm going to go call Jenna. You should Call Paisley." Tyler blurts out, as he stands up and walks out of the room.

"You should go call her."

"Uh. I usually call her when I'm back on the bus. She knows that's our time...so." I trail off. Debby nods, then bites her lip. It gets a little awkward, so I make an excuse to get out. "I should go, uh." Before I can say the nest Debby is already standing up to leave.

"Yeah. Me too. But uh. Can we take a quick picture?" She asked.

"Yeah. Sure." I cautiously scoot in close and smile. Debby puts her phone away and look at me.

"Paisley is an amazing person. You two deserve all the best." She says with a weak smile.

"Thank you. But uh-"

"I went and talked to her after our Ohio show."

"Wait, you talked to her? What did you say?"

"Nothing! I just told her I don't hate her and that I think you two deserve the best. I gave her my number and I was out."

"She's very... worried, about being alone for a while. Last time I was gone we broke up. I know you didn't mean to stress her out."

"I should go. I'm just making it worse." Debby walks out of the room. My phone rings. I pick it up instantly because I know it's Paisley.

"Hey, Paisley."

"Hi... Josh I need to tell you something."

"You talked to Debby. I know."

"Yeah, how'd you know?"

"She came to talk to me after the show.

"Yeah. I saw the picture..."

"Look. I'm sorry about that. I do love you, Debby's just-" The door swings open.

"Sorry. I forgot something." Debby walks over to the couch and grabs her phone. "Alright. I should be on my way, now. Maybe I could see you again sometime before both our tours end."

"Maybe, but don't count on it." I don't want to make Paisley uncomfortable, but I don't want to be rude to Debby. I'm too nice. Debby gives me a quick hug, then leaves. I put the phone up to my ear.

"Paisley I-"

"I should go to sleep. Anyway... good night, Josh." Paisley hangs up. I fall back on the couch and hold my phone on my face. The door opens again, but I don't bother looking.

"You are so nice." Tyler says disappointed.

"Don't talk about it... I know." I complain.

"Paisley hang up on you?" He asked. I nod. "Call her back. She's so scared and you know it. Stay on the phone with her all night if you have too."

"That wont help. Do you think I should propose sooner?" I asked sitting up. Tyler sits by me.

"Maybe. Do you have a ring yet?" I shake my head. "Our next day off. We're ring shopping." Tyler confirms.