40

[ Paisley ]

I pack the last few things I left out for this morning. It's around 6am and my flight is in 4 hours. Since they have a show tonight and need to get to the venue ASAP, I'm stuck at the boring airport for 4 hours. We pull up in the parking lot and I grab my paisley printed luggage. I hug, Tyler, Ben, Mark and the rest of the crew goodbye. Josh walks me into to the check in desk.

"I'm not ready to go back." I say into Josh's shoulder. He rubs my back and puts his chin on the top of my head.

"I'm not ready for you to go back." He coos as he kisses the top of my head. He pulls away and gives me a weak smile. "Less then a month."

"Less then a month." I repeat trying to convince myself it's not that long.

"Hey. I love you." He gently pushes my shoulder.

"I love you too you dork." I push him back. He pulls my back in towards him and he kisses me. We kiss for a while causing a bit of a scene in the middle of the airport. I pull away and give Josh a weak smile. I point to the door. "You should go. They're waiting on you." Josh slips his hands into his pockets and nods, kicking at my shoes.

"Yeah. Okay. I love you, Paisley." He smiles.

"Love you." I whisper as turn around and drag my bag over into the line. I stand behind a tall woman with three little kids running around with each other. One runs into my leg, but bounces back and continues running. I hear feet pounding on the tile floor.

"Wait! Paisley!" Josh yells. I turn around a little shocked to see three people in line behind me, and Josh sprinting towards me. He catches up to me and grabs my hands. "Josh what are you doing? You need to-"

"No. Look. I was putting this off for a while now, but I can't let you leave with out it." He announces very loud. My stomach does a back flip... this isn't. Before I can finish my thought, Josh get's down on one knee. Shit, it is. A wave of panic, relief, shock, and love sweep over me.

"Josh I-" I start, but Josh cuts me off with his puppy dog eyes. I let him finish.

"Paisley, I love you so much. And we've been through a lot, but it's only made me love you more." Josh reaches into my pocket and I start crying. I start full on bawling. I can't keep it together enough to hear Josh say it. I just start nodding. I can feel Josh wrap me in a hug, and even then I still can't stop nodding. Josh's arms squeeze me, but my hands are still hiding my face. Josh pulls away and I hear everyone's aw's and clapping. I keep my hands over my face to hide how red I am. I can't bring myself to take them down. Josh takes me left hand away from my face and smiles at me. "It's okay." He whispers. I nod -leaving my right hand still half covering my face- and let him slip the ring on. I take a closer look at my finger.

"It's beautiful, Josh." I push out of my throat. It sounds shaky, but at least I managed to say something. I kiss Josh then wrap him in a hug. "Now I really don't want to leave." I laugh. Josh nods and scoffs.

"Yeah, sorry about that." Josh chuckles. We hear Tyler, and Mark cheering and clapping obnoxiously from the end of the line. I laugh with tears still fuzzing out my vision. "I love you Paisley." Josh kisses, me.

"I love you." I say after he pulls away. A few people in front of me get back to check in and Josh gives me a quick hug and a long good bye. Then a long hug, a long kiss, and too many I love you's. Tyler pulls Josh away as I get up to the check in.

"Congratulations." The checker woman says. I smile, still wiping my eyes dry.

"Thank you." I laugh. I give her my name and she prints up my ticket. I give her my suitcase and they take it so I don't have to bother with it. I go through security check and end up in my gate. I sit there, staring at my ring, thinking of Josh.He's wanted to propose since trial, and everything we've been through has only made him love me more. More like, Josh being the most amazing guy through all of my shit has made me love him more.

'@ JoshDun: She said yes... to getting a cat! Oh and the marrying thing too. <3'
'@McP-ley: You said nothing about cats! But yes. We can get one. Only if we name it Cat Damon.'
'@ JoshDun: Or puma Thurman.'
'@McP-ley: Cat Winslet.'
'@ JoshDun: Brad Kitt.'

We tweet back and forth as I wait for my plane. I look at some people's repys and they're actually pretty positive. I can't think of any more cat puns, so I put my phone down. I get a ping from my phone. I see a text from Josh.

'But for real through, can we get a cat?' ~ Josh
'Yes. we can. the day after you get back we can go look for one. Your choice. <3' ~ Paisley
'You're the best fiancee ever.' ~ Josh
'I try, I try.' ~ Paisley