10

[ Josh ] 

 -September 1st-

I go over to Tyler and Jenna's place. I walk in with out even knocking and go straight on to the couch. Jenna's gone out somewhere and Tyler's upstairs.  

"Tylerrrrr!" I call out sounding like I'm dying. He comes downstairs not even surprised I just showed up. We tight like that. 

"What, dude. You okay?" He asked plopping down on the couch.

"I'm dying." I mone.

"No you're not. Really, what's up?" He asked laughing. I sit up a little and start explaining. 

"Paisley. I asked her if she wanted to go out, to eat after we finished unpacking her new apartment and she flipped out when I said 'go out'. Does that mean she hates the idea of us? Does she know I like her?" 

"Man. I hate to say this, but I love ya buddy and you need to hear this. If you do not ask her out you will get friendzoned. I don't know what her freaking out means. I can ask her out for you." 

"Like second graders?" I question hating the idea. I try to imagine how that would go. I stop myself from getting to far.

"Yeah!" Tyler starts laughing, way to hard. "Sorry, carry on." I see out of the corner of my eye, Tyler pic up his phone and read something. 

"I don't know what to do." I say in defeat. 

"Apparently, you guys are already going out." Tyler states. I get very confused.

"What?" I question scared.

'I was visiting family in Ohio. It was for my cousins wedding, and when we were driving to the venue of the wedding, I saw Josh Dun walking with a girl. They seemed to be laughing and she looked like she was flirting with him. JOSH HAS A NEW GIRLFRIEND!' " Tyler reads from his phone. 

"We went out to a Mexican place last night. That's it. Man! What were some things people said? Is there a picture?" I start panicking. My heart feels heavy. I know Paisley is shy and since everybody knows about her when we aren't even dating, she'll never want to go out with me because she'll be to afraid of the fans. 

"Yeah." He shows me the picture of us walking. Paisley's resting her head on my shoulder and smiling. Tyler takes his phone back and reads more. " 'uh, why didn't we know about dis?.'  'whaaaaaat?'and then they put like 6 emojis. 'GOALS! <3'   'He could do better.'   'Shut up they're noy' I think they meant not 'Shut up they're noy even dating. She too old for him.' and there are more where that came from."

[ Paisley ]

I unpack my last box. My phone starts blowing up. I'm getting notification from instagram, twitter, and tumblr. I read what some of them say. 'I FOUND HER!' 'She's pretty'  'Josh can do better'  'I SHIP THEM!' I turn off the sound and notifications and run to Josh's house. I sprint all the way there and when I knock on the door he answers and pulls me into a hug. He walks me in still hugging me and closes the door. I let go, still breathing heavy. 

"You saw?" He asked. I nod, panting. "I'm so sorry, Paisley." 

"It's cool. But, I guess we should put the rumors to rest. You know, just cause we're not dating." I say awkwardly. 

"Yeah... Yeah. So uh... I'll go get the pringles." Josh starts walking towards the kitchen. I bust out laughing.

"Why?!" I can't stop laughing. 

"'Cause. I'd rather make a joke about being a 'single pringle' then write a serious post." I nod and let him carry on. I take a picture of him emotionally eating pringels, and hand him back his phone. I just write that Josh and I aren't dating. It burns to post it, but I do it.

"Okay. Uh, I should go.. It was uh. Nice seeing you, Josh." I head towards the door. I feel the butterflies in my stomach drop dead. I feel this overwhelming sadness. Josh and I will never be together. I guess it's for the best. He deserves someone better then messed up little me. I have baggage for days. 

"Can we talk first." Josh spits out quickly. "Can we talk, before you leave?" He says slowing down. My heart stops completely. I nod. 

"Yeah, sure. What's up?" I walk back over to Josh and sit on the couch. The same spot I sat the first time I ever was in his house. I feel my hip, it's still a little sore. I scratch my neck and wait for him to start talking. I'm so nervous I get shivers in my spine. He's having a hard time coming up with the words to say. 

"Look. I like you, a lot. I don't know if you feel the same, I just needed to say this and get this off my chest. I liked you since the first time I saw you, it killed me to see you so hurt from thoughs guys and it kills me inside saying we're not dating, because I wish we were... Why are you smiling?" Josh asked defeated. "You think I'm stupid... Crap. I knew-" He starts ranting, but I cut him off by standing up, kissing the top of his head and walking to the door. "Wait! What did that mean?!" Josh calls running after me before I get to his front door. 

"I Like you too. I always have. I've been waiting for you to say something, because I was too scared to say I liked you. I thought you'd just think it was because I was a fan. And just now saying that we weren't dating killed me inside too." Josh pauses, hope filling his eyes. 

"I'll see you tonight. I'll pick you up around 11. Dress... comfortably." He says smirking. I smile and nod.

"Okay." I giggle. I walk out and back to my house. I have a date with Josh Dun! Wait. I have a date with Josh Dun. Josh and I are dating. We're a thing, the thing is us, we are the thing. Things are happening. Wait... things? Josh and I are a thing? Date? What are we doing for the thing? How long will this thing last? Is this a big thing? I need time to process this...