11

[ Paisley ]

I start getting ready right when I get home. I don't know what we're doing, but he said dress comfortably. I shower, do my hair, do my make up, and pick out something to wear. I wait in the living room. I check how I look every 10 or so minutes. I hear the door bell ring. I run over to the door. I can feel myself shaking. I grab my phone, and wallet; I open the door and see Josh standing there. I feel a smile creep on my face.

"Ready?" He asked, holding his arm out. I link arms with him. It's a little hard with his huge arms.

"Yup!" We walk down to his car and he blasts Panic! At The Disco, Green Day, Fall Out Boy, and You Me At Six. A Pierce The Veil song just started when we pulled up to a roller skating place. "I hope you know, I am embarrassingly bad a rollerskating." I

"Good, because I'm pretty bad too. We can walk along the sidelines together." We get out and walk in. We get out tickets and go get our roller-skates. I lose Josh for a second. I walk around until I find him sitting on a bench, strapping on his skates. I sit down next to him.

"I Thought you said you were bad! Why'd you get inlines?"

"I skate better with these, but I'm still pretty bad." I tie the laces and stand up. The wheels roll beneath my feet when I'm standing still. I wobble to keep my balance. When I'm finally still, I start laughing. Josh takes my hands and skates backwards till we hit the rink. I grab on to the wall and shuffle along. Josh does the same for a bit. I take to big of a shuffle and the wheels roll out from under me. I fall on my butt. Josh comes over to me and helps me up. "You okay?"

"Yeah. I'm cool. But, you're doing pretty well. I haven't done this in years."

"Come here. Let me show you." We go out into the middle. Everyone is zooming past us. It makes me a little dizzy. I look behind me and I see at least 10 people flying towards me, they move away just in time. I tense up. I feel Josh's hand slide into mine and he pulls me forward a bit. I turn around and see him skating backwards again. I shuffle at first. "Push off with your left foot and let your right foot, yeah. There ya go." Josh lets go of me and I try it on my own. I get pretty far before I psych myself out and fall.

"Okay everybody clear the floor, this is going to be a speed skate competition. If you want to compete for a chance to win a free skate night, go on the floor." The MC Comes over the microphone. Josh and I sit o the very edge of the floor and watch as all of the people rush by.

"Hey, I think I saw an arcade over there." I say pointing to the far end of the cafe next to the rink.

"Let's bounce." Josh and I stand up and skate over to the arcade. Josh and I equally split the four quarter payment for the air hockey game. "You're going down, blondie." Josh puts the puck in front of his striker and hits it across to me, I put all my force into hitting it back. It goes into his goal. He looks up at me shocked.

"What can I say? I'm a natural dirty blond." He takes the puck out of his goal and tries again. I score again. I keep scoring until Josh get's one. He scores a few more, then the games over; and I won. We play a few more games, Josh plays the cairn machine. He wins me a stuffed elephant. We hear the MC come back on.

"We're gonna slow thing down a bit. So grab the special someone and get on the floor." Josh and I skate over and get on the floor. I shuffle in the beginning, but get the hang of it. Once I get the hand of it, Josh genteelly grabs my hand. We hold hands and skate. Elvis Presley - I Cant Help Falling In Love With You comes on.

"Did you request thing?" I ask laughing. Josh laughs too.

"No. I swear I didn't." He says. Tyler did a cover of this song back in 2012 I think. We talk a bunch and skate for an hour. The place closes at 1 am. So we turn in our skates around 12:50 and leave. Josh drives me back home. We arrive at my apartment and I don't want to leave. We both get out and he walks me to the door. I unlock the door turn back to Josh.

"Tonight was really fun. Thank you. And uh, thanks for me elephant."

"Of course." Josh says smiling. I smile just because I love his smile. He leans in for a kiss. I lean in and meet him half way. It was short, but nice. He pulls away and smiles. "Bye, Paisley."

"Bye, Josh." I say in a love drunk voice. I close the door and hug my elephant. I never let that elephant leave my arms the rest of the night.