"They're memes, Mr. Stark."

please take the time to read this!!

So, this is my 200th irondad oneshot! Also published on the anniversary of when I made my Wattpad account, ALSO the day I published the first chapter of this book. It's been a crazy ride, but I hope you enjoyed sticking around on this party bus as much as I have for the past THREE years.

I struggled a lot on what this short would be about, because I wanted to stay true to the roots of the silly vine chapters, but I also wanted to write something that was meaningful. With that in mind, I think I came up with something that (hopefully) fits the bill.

If you read this far, I want you to know that more of these little stories are in the works... Hopefully I'll start posting more frequently. Sorry for making this note obnoxiously long! Take care of yourselves, drink some water, get some fresh air if you can, I hope all of you are staying safe and healthy! You matter. Have a great day. :-)

"—And that's how I figured out that I shouldn't try to boil the web compound in the school's bathroom stalls," Peter said from the backseat.

Happy looked up at him through the mirror and barely stifled a sigh. "Right. Well, as exciting as that was—We're here."

Peter snapped his head up to the window and his mouth opened in awe. He had been to the compound a few times now; Tony had been trying his best to make it an after school ritual for the past few weeks whenever he could convince Peter to skip out on patrol. (Wasn't often that he did, but when he wanted to, Tony had a knack for persuading the kid to hang out with him considering Tony had been his idol since Peter was seven.)

Nevertheless, the place still seemed to take his breath away. He had been pretty used to growing up his whole life in the city, where buildings on every few blocks or so were dilapidated from various mega-criminals or lack of city funding to fix them. This was a huge step up, as most things are to him nowadays. Pristine walls, windows you can easily see through—Ships with insanely advanced technology that look like they're from other planets park in the most beautiful green grass Peter has ever seen, and nobody seemed to bat an eyelash at any of it.

"You know where you're going?" Happy asked as Peter unbuckled his seatbelt.

"Yeah, I remember." Peter gave him a smile. "Thanks for driving me, Happy."

"Yep."

Peter pushed the door open and climbed out of the car, pulling his backpack over his shoulder. He made his way up the steps of the building and then entered through the big glass doors. The place, as per usual, was mostly empty. (On his second visit, he brought this up to Tony with curiosity, asking the man why such a big building wouldn't have Stark employees lurking around somewhere. That's when he learned that the building really didn't have anybody except for the occasional Avenger, or Pepper Potts when she held business meetings and/or press conferences. "With real reporters," Tony added for the second time. "Not bloggers.")