Shivering

Spooktober.15

oneshot 1:

It was a bitter cold morning when Tony got the warning from Peter's suit.

"Boss, Peter's suit has been submerged in water, and he is starting to show signs of hypothermia."

Tony jumps out of his seat, already hitting his chest for his suit to assemble. "Why didn't you tell me? Is he breathing? Send me the location."

A location shows up in his helmet as FRIDAY speaks. "I apologize, Boss. You're instructions were to only inform you if Peter was in critical condition. Peter has been holding his breath for thirty seconds and counting."

Tony blasts off in the suit, going as fast as he can. "Tell him I'm on my way."

"He did not respond," FRIDAY says intelligently.

"Yeah, I wonder why." Tony's voice was full of bitter sarcasm.

He traveled faster and faster to the location and dove into the lake. "Make his suit glow."

It was pitch black in the lake, but somewhere near the bottom there was a pulsing red light. It looked murky, but Tony knew what it was.

He sped deeper into the water and grabs Peter's arms and blasts out of the water. "FRIDAY, give me his vitals."

"31 degrees Celsius. 63 beats per minute. 13 breaths per minute—" FRIDAY lists off quickly.

Tony frowns. "What do I do?!"

"I suggest warming him up. Sources say to treat hypothermia by removing wet clothes, removing them from the cold and giving them multiple blankets and warm fluids such as tea."

Tony takes off, rushing back to the compound with Peter in his arms. He had turned on the external and internal heaters in both his and Peter's suits, hoping it would help.

Peter's temperature doesn't go up enough from it.

"He isn't shivering. That's bad, right?" Tony asks as he reaches the compound.

"Yes. I recommend heating him up immediately. Would you like me to call Doctor Cho?"

"No, this is her day off. I can handle it. Is he critical?"

"No, sir."

"Well there you go then," Tony huffs.

After about an hour of gathering as much blankets as he can, getting heating packs, making tea and drying Peter off—Peter finally wakes up.

He's shivering and holding the multiple blankets closer to him, but he opens his eyes and looks up at Tony.

"Mr. Stark?" Peter mumbles.

Tony looks up instantly from his phone. "Peter! Are you okay?"

Peter blinks at him for a second and nods slightly. "Uh huh. What happened?"

His voice is still mumbled, but Tony figured that. He had been doing a little bit of research on the effects of hypothermia before Peter had woken up.

"Here, drink this." Tony says, handing Peter a mug of tea. It's still hot. "You fell in a lake again. I thought I told you to stay away from those, Pete. Spiders can't swim."

Peter laughs slowly and clumsily brings the drink up to his lips. They're slightly blue, but going back to their normal colour. "'M sorry."

"It's okay, Peter. It's okay. Just don't do it again. You nearly gave mea heart attack, kid."