Peter is a Theatre Nerd

‼️Hamilton spoilers‼️

Tony walks in to the main room of the tower, expecting Peter to be watching the television or doing homework. Instead, he hears sobbing. Tony rushes over in to the room and sees Peter blasting music in his hesdphones.

He faintly hears music in the background.

"I may not live to see our glory..."

Peter sobs. "No!" He buries his face in a pillow. Faintly, Tony hears more.

"I have so much work to do."

Tony scratches his head, unsure on what to do. He clears his throat. "Peter? Are you okay?"

Peter shakes his head. "My heart's broken."

"Why?"

Peter looks up. "Why?! WHY?! Because John Laurens, spectacular, against slavery, probably gay, Alexander's best friend ever, my favourite character, died in a battle! AND IT'S REALLY SAD, MR. STARK! It's event more heart wrenching because he sings this song that just-AGH!"

Tony grins. "What are you talking about?"

Peter's jaw drops. "You're kidding."

"No," Tony says. "I legit don't know what you're talking about."

Peter whips out his laptop. "That's changing right now, come here." Peter pats a seat next to him and Tony reluctantly sits down and Peter goes to YouTube. He types in 'Hamilton full musical' and clicks a video.

They watch the whole thing. No pausing or getting up. Peter doesn't say how much it means to him that Tony would spend over two hours with him just because he asked.

Tony and Peter cried several times. It hit Tony especially hard when Philip had died. He had protectively put his arm around Peter during those scenes.

When it ended they sat in silence, mulling over the deep meaning of the musical. Tony spoke first.

"Is this musical still playing live?" He asked.

"Yeah," Peter sniffled.

"I'm gonna buy tickets." Tony says. "We'll see it together."

Peter jerks up and starts crying immediately. "Oh my god, really?!" 

Tony nods and Peter hugs him tightly.

"Thank you, dad!"

They both stiffen but Tony hugs him tighter. "No problem, son."