Rest

Peter really did try his best. He fought, and he fought, without anyone even knowing he was gone. But he made a mistake, one wrong punch, and now he was laying in the darkness of an alley, in the abandoned part of the city.

'I tried, didn't I?' He thinks as he tries pulling himself up once more. There's a sharp pain in his side, and it causes him to fall again. He winces and stares at the dark sky. 'Am I going to die here?' He thinks. 'With nobody even knowing where I am?'

He moves his head slightly to the right and sees birds picking up the ripped up shreds of his suit. He thinks about how hard Tony worked on it and feels his stomach fill with guilt.

He closes his eyes slowly and opens them again, staring at the sky. One of the birds hop on to his stomach and start pecking at him. Peter wants to scream in pain, but stifles it for the greater benefit. The benefit being his throat won't hurt anymore then it is, and that it would probably hurt his chest even more.

He tries lifting up his broken arm but it doesn't move, so he lifts the working one lazily and swings it at the bird. It flies away, squawking angrily. Peter takes small breaths, trying not to injure his already broken ribs. It hurts. He feels tears in his eyes but he doesn't let them fall.

He blinks at the sky. It was so beautiful. The stars always seemed to gleam just right, just enough for Peter. He slowly starts feeling sleepy, and his brain and heart tearing in two. 'It's time to go.' He thinks. But his heart is pounding rapidly and none at all, telling him to live, live, live.

It's almost scary to him. He can't choose one. His eyes feel like cement, but he keeps them open. He fights unconsciousness. Small even breaths is all that's keeping him alive.

The breaths stutter. 'Yes,' He thinks. 'Rest. Rest, please. For once, please rest.' 

His eyes fight to stay open, and as they close, his body takes over.

"HELP, I DON'T WANT TO DIE!" He screams with all his might. 

The last thing he hears before unconsciousness is the gravel-like crunching of his ribs, and then somehow, his heart beating uncontrollably fast.

Fin

?