Evil Doppelgänger

Spooktober.01

a/n: make sure to go back and read "a day in the life for" instructions, this is another choose ur own adventure :-)

At first, Tony thought fighting a shape shifter would be cool. An interesting challenge, at best, but something he could definitely handle.

That was, as previously mentioned, at first.

Now, he's standing with his palm out, ready to hopefully blast the shapeshifter instead of Peter. Two identical copies of Spider-Man stand in front of him, each one making a shocked face as they look at Tony.

"Mr. Stark, please think carefully about this." One of them slowly raises his hands in a defensive position. "We've both seen movies. This could go very badly."

The other one, Spidey 2, shakes his head. "Mr. Stark, what are you waiting for? You know that's not me!"

Spidey 1 steps forward slowly.

"Get back!" Tony yells sharply.

"Mr. Stark—"

"I said get back!"

Spidey 1 returns to his original spot, keeping his hands raised. "Okay! Okay."

"FRIDAY?" Tony asks, cautiously looking between the two.

"They're identical, sir," FRIDAY answers back. "Complete copies. There's no way to tell which one is the real Peter."

"Why don't you ask us a question?" Spidey 2 speaks up, eyeing Tony's gauntlet anxiously. "Something only I would know."

"You mean only I would know," Spidey 1 corrects pointedly, frowning deep enough for it to see through his mask.

Tony's head begins to fry from seeing two identical versions of Peter, and he groans in frustration. "Stop talking. Both of you. My head is going to explode."

He sighs sharply under his breath, furrowing his eyebrows as he looks back and forth between the two Spider-Men. "Okay. I'll ask a question."

[What is Spider-Man's favourite movie? —go to Section 4]

[When did we meet? —go to Section 1]

[What's my favourite band?—go to Section 7]

-Section 1-

"When did we meet?" Tony asks, not taking his eyes off of the two.

Spidey 1 opens his mouth, only for Spidey 2 to cut in immediately. "We met officially in Queens. You hired me to go to Germany with you."

Spidey 1 looks over quickly and then makes a noise of frustration. "I knew that too! Obviously, because I was there. Listen, Mr. Stark—"