Movie Night

In a family, it's vital to have at least one tradition. Tony and Peter's are a weekly movie night.

It usually goes as planned:

Tony invites Peter over every Saturday night and Peter automatically knows it's for a movie night, even though they've never spoken about it.

Peter brings a movie he wants to watch. Tony watches it without complaints, but sometimes there are sighs of disappointment when Peter walks through the door grinning.

They pop microwaveable popcorn, drink soda and eat generally unhealthy foods. Peter is usually the one to partake in this, but Tony will occasionally grab a fistful of popcorn or a few twizzlers.

Sometimes they'll make a blanket fort. Other times, they'll just hang out on the couch with every blanket and pillow in the compound. They usually interchange the two, because it takes about a week to put every pillow and blanket back where it belongs.

On this particular night, Peter walks in wearing his own merchandise, (a Spider-Man hoodie) and holding a paper bag. He walks over to the DVD player and pops in the mystery movie, before taking out a box of pop tarts from the bag. 

Tony walks out of the elevator, probably because F.R.I.D.A.Y notified him that Peter was here. "Hey, kid. How was your day?" Tony asked, beginning to make the blanket fort as a result of a consistent routine.

"It was pretty good," Peter says, walking over to help Tony with the fort. They create it quickly and crawl under the couch cushion-blanket contraption. Peter suddenly crawls out and runs to the kitchen. "I forgot the popcorn," he says urgently.

Tony laughs and waits for him to come back before opening the box of pop tarts and propping them next to the popcorn bowl. "You know, Strawberry Milkshake poptarts are best frozen," Tony states as he reaches for the remote. 

Peter looks at Tony. "You eat them frozen?" He asks as the movie plays.

Tony nods and looks at the television. Peter shrugs and turns to watch too. 

"Mary Poppins. That's a good one," Tony comments, leaning back.

"Thanks. It's one of my favourites. Julie Andrews is such a Queen," Peter explains, reaching for a pop tart and unwrapping it as quietly as he can. 

Tony nods in agreement. "I remember when I first watched this. I was pretty young. This movie is actually older than I am."

Peter gasps dramatically and Tony snorts.

The movie plays on and Peter slowly becomes more and more sleepy. He'll close his eyes for a few seconds and open them at a completely different part of the movie, but he doesn't mind.

Stay awake don't rest your head
Don't lie down upon your bed

Peter yawns. This song always made him sleepy. He leans against Tony without thinking and he looks down on him for a split second before turning back to the movie.

While the moon drifts in the skies
Stay awake don't close your eyes

Peter's slowly drifts off, the movie becoming distant. He faintly feels his head gently fall on Tony's shoulder.

Though the world is fast asleep
Though your pillow soft and deep

Tony looks down at Peter again and smirks softly. He runs a hand through the kid's curls, and he begins snoring. Tony yawns and his eyes begin to drift closed.

You're not sleepy as you seem

Tony finally falls asleep, his hand mid-motion carding through Peter's hair. The movie plays on, Mary singing softly.

Stay awake, don't nod and dream

A/N: ok I have to say this is pretty adorable.