Memory Loss

(a/n: this took fruckign forever to write)

Spooktober.14

Peter woke up in a hospital bed, completely confused.

A man he didn't recognize sat in a chair in front of him. Peter sat up, looking around quickly.

The man woke up from Peter's sudden movement and looked at him. "Peter! You're awake!"

Peter nods slightly and laughs awkwardly. "Ye-ah, man! Good to see you again."

The man gives him a look of confusion. "..okay? Do you want me to get Dr. Cho?"

He registers the word doctor and nods. Maybe Peter could ask the doctor where he was, what happened..and who was in his room with him.

The man nods at Peter and then leaves the room.

Peter takes the time to assess how he was feeling. He didn't hurt at all, but he had a headache. He knew he was out on patrol, but that was all of it.

He wanted to get up and leave the room, but figured he better not considering he didn't know where he would leave to.

The doctor—Cho, walked in. She took a look at Peter and narrowed her eyes. "You're confused, aren't you?"

Peter nods. "Who—Who is..?"

Cho follows his eyes to the man from before, who was waiting outside the closed door and talking on the phone.

"You don't remember?" Cho asked him.

Peter shakes his head, furrowing his eyebrows. "No, I.. Am I supposed to?"

"I suppose so." Cho frowns. "That's Tony Stark. My coworker and also your boss."

"He's my boss?" Peter asked with confusion. "Why is he in my hospital room?"

"You two are very close. You're his personal intern. He thinks of you as his son," Cho clarifies as she checks a clipboard. "You said you were experiencing amnesia? What day is it?"

"Oh, um. October 14th, two thousand ninete—2023." Peter says.

He tried not to think about the fact he literally lost five years of life and didn't even remember the details why.

In fact, he couldn't even remember clearly why he was so upset about thinking about it. It was all fuzzy. He pushes it out of his thoughts.

Cho frowns some more. "Hm. What's the last thing you remember?"

"I was on patrol. As Spider-Man. I remember blacking out, and then..." Peter shrugs. "Nothing else."

"And you don't remember Tony? At all? What about the fight in Germany?" Cho asks, marking something on the clipboard.

"I—I've been to Germany?"

"Mhm," she hums noncommittally, still writing.

"Why don't I remember any of that?" Peter says with slight fear.

"I'm going to figure that out," Cho says firmly as she puts the clipboard down. "Talk to Tony and see if he can help you remember anything."

She leaves before Peter can say anything else.

Tony walks in as she's leaving, putting his phone in his pocket. "Hey, kid. How're you feeling?"

"I don't remember you," Peter blurts out.

He kind of regrets blurting something as alarming as that out of nowhere, but on the other hand he knew that if he didn't just spit it out that Tony would never know. And he needed to know.