Reconciliation

Spooktober.08

a/n: listen listen I know these chapters are short but I promise better things are coming

BEFORE (Hurting Someone Close, Spooktober 2019):

"What if we never make up? He's been my best friend since kindergarten. He knows everything about me. I can't lose him over this."

Tony ruffles his hair. "Hey. Listen to me. Don't worry about it. I'm serious. You lift up literal buildings. What could you have said that was so bad it wouldn't be fixable?"

Peter gives him a sad look. "I told him the ending of the new Star Wars trailer before he had seen it."

Tony stops and sighs deeply. He pulls away. "Get out of my lab."

"Wh—"

NOW:

Yesterday, Peter had explained to Tony his situation. He had messed up. Truly. He knew this, and really—it was an accident! He didn't mean to.

It had slipped out. It was an honest mistake. After all, Peter didn't even know that Ned hadn't watched the trailer yet. How was he to know, especially when Ned is the first one to watch new content that comes out?

Today, Peter goes up to Ned first thing in the morning. He was on a mission.

(Ned, of course, wasn't truly angry with him. This was all playful banter between best friends that was dramatized and played up for the humour of the situation. But they aren't supposed to bring up that bit, because it ruins the point.)

"King Ned," Peter begins in a regal voice. "I give my utmost apologies for the foolishness, the tomfoolery, the buffoonery, that transpired on our previous day spent together."

Ned stares at him with carefully narrowed eyes. "Jester—Do you admit to your mistakes?"

"Of course, Oh Humble King," Peter bows in the middle of the hall.

Some of the students walking around them give the two weird looks, whispering to eachother as they walk away. Peter and Ned don't really care.

Ned nods once. "Very good. Apologies accepted. You can live another day, clown."

Peter finally cracks a laugh at that and bows repeatedly. "Thank you, thank you."

They laugh and giggle together in the hallway, reconciliation flooding the way through their silly argument of the past.

After all, they were the strongest of best friends. Nothing could easily get between that, after what they've experienced together.