Peter Meets The Multiverse Theory

Peter was confused. 

He was sitting in his favourite restaurant, casually grazing at fries and working on homework, when someone that looked about his age walked up to him.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for a man about this tall? He wears a green jacket, he looks genuinely tired?" The boy asked.

Peter raised an eyebrow. "Sorry, no. What's his name? Maybe I can help you look, if you want."

"Peter B. Parker."

He set down his pencil. "Um—Sorry, could you repeat that?"

"Peter B. Parker," the boy said slowly.

Peter laughs nervously. "Uh, well—um... That's funny. I'm Peter Parker."

The boy blinks. "Wow. You are the exact opposite of Peter B. Parker."

"Wait," Peter says. "What's going on? What do you mean I'm the exact—how do you know my name?" He says, his eyebrows furrowed in concern and confusion. His spidey sense wasn't going off, so what was happening?

The boy opens his mouth, looking as if he can't word what he wants say. "We should talk somewhere else," he settles with.

Peter stuffs his homework in his backpack and leaves a ten dollar bill in the table. "Let's go then. You better tell me who you are and what's happening NOW," Peter states, feeling threatened.

The boy raises his hands and leads them to an empty alley. Peter's thumb lingers on his suit-activation button. "My name is Miles Morales. I probably shouldn't be the one explaining this to you," Miles says awkwardly.

Peter raises an eyebrow as if to tell him to continue. 

"Do you know what the multiverse theory is?" Miles asks. Peter nods. "That's what this is. This—" Miles lifts a bracelet he's wearing to show it to Peter. "This is what I used to get here. I ended up in the wrong universe, though."

Peter blinks. "Does that mean..?"

Miles nods. "Yeah. I'm a 'Spider-Kid," he says while laughing.

Peter takes a deep breath. "This is... a lot. This is weird. How many other Peters are there? Wait, which one were you looking for?"

Miles snorts. "Well, let's just say in one universe you had a mid-life crisis and then started parenting me."

Peter looks as if he tries to process the sentence but gives up midway through. "Okay. You seem way more practiced with this stuff than I do, but any questions I could answer? This is so cool," Peter grins.

He thinks for a minute. "What's your life like? Every person in the different multiverses has a different life story, despite being the same? It's confusing, but really interesting."

Peter nods. "Okay, well... I live with my Aunt May, I go to Midtown School of Science and Technology at fifteen, I'm Spider-Man, but you already knew that, and um... My mentor is Tony Stark."

"Tony Stark?!" Miles squeaked.

Peter nods again. "Yeah. Crazy, right?" He smiles brightly.

"Uh... Yeah. It's weird. Tony Stark died years ago in my universe."

Peter's smile dimmed significantly. "What?"

"Yeah. He... Something happened and he couldn't recover correctly."

"Oh," he said quietly. "Well... What about you?"

Miles looked up. "Me?"

"Yeah, you."

"Well, I live with my Mom and Dad in Brooklyn. My Dad's a cop, so it's kinda hard to be Spider-Man in that sense. I go to this fancy prep school, and I'm fourteen. I guess my mentor is you, but not you." Miles says thoughtfully. "I really love art, though."

"That's cool. I was never good at art. I was more for the tech design and science part of stuff," Peter explains.

Miles laughs. "That's something opposite about us," he says.

Peter laughs too. "Yeah, I guess so."

Something beeps and Miles looks at his bracelet. "Times up. The con about traveling to different universes is that you don't have a lot of time. I had fun, though. Nice to meet you, Peter Parker."

Peter smiles. "Nice to meet you too, Miles."

The air warps, as if the atmosphere folded in half in one particular spot. Miles hops into the portal and waves goodbye. And just like that, he's gone. Peter thinks for a second before scrambling to take out his phone.

...

"NED, THE CRAZIEST THING JUST HAPPENED! SOMEONE ASKED ME WHO PETER PARKER WAS AND I WAS LIKE-"

A/n: it's not that great but whatever

Tomorrow I'm writing an April Fools special ✨✨✨

Pewdiepie lost, can I get some F's in the chat?

I wrote this while listening to "Bitch Lasagna" on repeat

Would your idol ever?