The Peter Parker Effect

A/N: YALL I SAW SPIDER-MAN: FAR FROM HOME 

⚠️NO SPOILERS IN THIS CHAPTER⚠️,,,and don't spoil it in the comments, this is a friendly neighbourhood, okay??

⚠️Steve Rogers could be read as rude but don't get mad at me I don't hate Steve Rogers I think he's great⚠️

(could be read as a part two to 'Movie Night')

In the early morning, Tony was laying on the couch, Peter snuggled into his side. Tony's hand was ruffling through Peter's hair the night before, but as he fell asleep his hand dropped to hold Peter in a protective order.

Needless to say, it wasn't something the Rogue Avengers who were planning to visit that morning were expecting to see.

Steve looked uneasily at Natasha, who looked just as shocked for a second before regaining her posture. "Should we come back later?" He asked quietly.

Peter instantly woke up from the sound of his voice, his head jerking up and turning to the people standing in the doorway of the living room.

"Aren't you guys...supposed to be rogue? Or...hiding or something?" Peter says in confusion.

Tony stirs and looks over tiredly. When his gaze meets Steve's, he huffs and sits up. "Thought you were coming to hide here next week."

"The government had other plans," Steve explains shortly. "Sorry for intruding."

"Where's the others?" Tony asks, glancing at Natasha and then back to Steve.

"Vision and Wanda went off map. We're thinking they're somewhere in Scotland, though," Natasha explains professionally.

Steve looks at Peter for a quick second and looks back at Tony, who instantly tries to hide Peter behind him. "Did you and Pepper..?

"He's my intern," Tony says, a little shaken by Steve's assumption. Natasha narrows her eyes for a second but doesn't question anything.

Peter gets small under Natasha's gaze, and his face is a little red from being mistaken for Tony's son. He raises his hand awkwardly and waves. "I-I'm Peter."

"Steve," Steve greets quickly. Natasha nods at Peter. "Do we sleep in the same rooms we have before?"

"Yeah. FRIDAY will let you in," Tony says lamely, turning away from them and looking at a Stark Tablet.

Natasha gives Steve a quick nod and turns around, walking to the elevators. Peter watches with a dazed look on his eyes. Steve waits for Tony to say something else, but when he doesn't, he rolls his eyes and walks away.

Peter furrows his brows and looks back at Tony, who was staring at an empty screen. His knuckles were white from how tight he was holding the device. "Mr. Stark?"

Tony looked at Peter quickly. "What's up, kid?"

"I.. uh, I was just wondering if I could stay the whole day. Because it's Sunday," Peter stuttered. Obviously that wasn't the real reason, but he wasn't about to tell his idol he wants to spend the day with him for moral support.

Tony thinks for a second and nods. "Sure. Make sure to text your hot aunt," he says, sounding almost grateful.

Peter nods, not bothering to comment on Tony's words. He takes out his phone, shooting a quick text to May and then looking up at Tony. "What do you want to do today? Anything I can help with in the labs? Movie day?" Peter asks excitedly.

Tony snorts. "A'right chill. Don't you want to hang out with Mr. Patriot or something?"

"Mr. Stark, I've seen Mr. Steve's face so much this year that I think I actually wouldn't be able to pay attention to anything he's saying," Peter says seriously. Tony raises an eyebrow, and Peter waves it off. "I can go hang out with them if you want."