May, Tony, Peter, and... Hamilton?

'Oh my god,' Peter thinks. 'This is really happening.'

They're driving and obviously, Peter, bringing his Hamilton music disc, plays the soundtrack in Tony's car on the way there.

Oh, yes of course, I forgot to tell you exactly where they were going. Well, a few months ago, Tony decided to surprise the theatre child with tickets to Hamilton: An American Musical on Peter's birthday. This is how it looked:

"Okay Pete, close your eyes." Tony says. Peter cautiously closes his eyes. "Hold out your hands, too, dork." Peter smiles slightly but holds out open hands. Tony places something light in weight in his hands, and Peter waits patiently. "Okay, open them."

May and Tony sit in front of him, grinning. May is recording on her phone, and Peter looks down to what they put in his hands.

His mouth drops open and he screeches. "Oh my god, are you for real?!" He shouts in a breathless voice. May nods while Tony laughs. In his hands are three tickets to his favourite broadway musical, as well as a handwritten note from Lin-Manuel Miranda himself. 

It reads:

Hello!

I'm so glad you'll be coming to see my show! I worked really hard on it. We're all going to meet after the show, maybe grab a bite to eat. Everyone can't wait to see you! 

-LMM

Peter turns the note over in his hands, tears falling down his cheeks, which hurt from smiling so much.

"Oh my god..." he says. "I'm seeing Hamilton aND I'm meeting the cast?!"

Tony nods and they all hug. Peter is the happiest he's been in a while. It's a funny thought to think when you're sobbing, though.

So here they are, May, Tony and Peter all in Tony's car driving to the Richard Rogers Theatre, Hamilton music blasting while they all sing in full volume. May learned the lyrics to all of the songs at Peter's requests, and somehow managed to sing Guns and Ships better than Peter or Tony.

"So," Tony asks. "What's your favourite song?"

Peter makes a face. "Are you kidding?"

"No."

"You're asking me to choose from a 46 song musical just ONE song that I like more than any other?"

"Yeah?"

"Uh oh." May interjects.

"Well," Peter begins. "My Shot is great because it reflects how intelligent Alexander is, but The Story Of Tonight is good because it shows the friendship between all of them which is really nice. The reprise catches that too. Satisfied is good because it showcases how amazing Angelica is, but Wait For It shows you how Burr is. Also, Renée and Leslie are just such good singers and make me cry every time-"

*Peter goes on and on until they get there, forcing Peter to stop talking.*

Finally, they pull up and Peter squeals in excitement. 

They buy merchandise, and Peter pulls his new Hamilton sweatshirt over a shirt that reads "And Peggy" in bright yellow print. He also gets a beanie with the word 'Legacy' written on the front and in small print lyrics from "Who Lives, Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story" wrapped around the fabric.

He smiles and May snaps a picture. They walk into the theatre.

Peter stops as soon as they walk in and doesn't breathe.