Lacerations

Spooktober.27

⚠️angsty and slightly graphic. NOT self harm, I don't write that kind of content.⚠️

a/n: hella quick oneshot just to give a bit of background knowledge to how peter almost died in "afterlife" lol

Peter hadn't of meant to let the bad guy get the drop on him.

It was really his own fault for going out on patrol. He had been feeling numb today, the dreariness he carried felt heavier than normal on his shoulders, making him think about how he was able to carry it some days at all.

He was tired, feeling so apathetic and empty that he didn't respond to the tingling of danger in the back of his neck until it was too late to prevent it.

Now, he was in the middle of an empty street, slashes from an angry attacker ripping down the stomach of his skin-tight suit. They stung more than anything, each cut in his skin seemed to prickle like the worst paper cut he'd ever gotten.

With all of the pain rippling through his body, as well as the steady stream of blood flowing to the asphalt street, he no longer feels as apathetic.

He lets out a sob, and then another sob, and suddenly he can't breathe, because it hurts so much and he's going to die here in the middle of the road of a city that could never make up its mind about him.

"Help!" He shouts loudly, his voice was shaking uncontrollably. "Please! Karen, help, please—Anybody!"

The pain grows even worse. Self pity grows in the bottom of his stomach, mixing with the pain and making Peter nauseous.

He feels as if he's suffocating in the mask, with the gasping breaths his takes in between tears. Why did this happen to him? All he ever wanted to do was help. The answer comes to him through broken thoughts. Defenses are meant to be worn down. If they aren't, it means they're failing to protect what they need to.

But who is he protecting? The answer gets blurry.

His vision chips around the edges into darkness, and then there's nothing. There's nothing for a long while, until the feeling in his body is no longer there, and the black fades into swirls of blue.

[continued in Afterlife]