Ferry Dust Up

UM???? SO I DELETED A ONESHOT SO I COULD POST THIS

ONESHOT BOOK PART 2??? OR AM I PURGING OLD ONESHOTS AND REUPLOADING THEM SOMEWHERE ELSE?? UHHH STAY TUNED I GUESS?? 

Tony sits back in the back of the car, scrolling through his phone.

"Did you hear about what happened in D.C.?" Happy speaks up, glancing up in the mirror. "The kid saved his Decathlon team at the Washington Monument."

Tony looks up at the mention of Peter. Last time he had talked to him, the little spiderling was drenched in lake water, shivering on playground equipment while arguing about how he was ready for "big time" hero stuff. (That was, after Tony had gotten a glaring red alert on the inner part of his glasses that warned him of Peter's imminent drowning and hypothermia, which caused him to lose at least five years of his life and added a plethora of grey hairs to his unfortunate collection.)

"Recently?" Tony questions. "When was this?"

"It's all over the news, it happened just the other day. He was on a school trip," Happy informs, looking back at the road when the light turned green. "He didn't send a voicemail about it, though. I didn't know til it was in the headlines."

Tony goes to his search engine and looks up Spider-Man. Sure enough, several articles and videos surfaced that documented the event in great detail. The monument crumbling at the top and the famous red-and-blue climbing up the side in a mad dash, all the while helicopters circling and pointing guns at the kid who was trying to get to the people inside.

"Hm," Tony commented, scratching at his goatee. He opens another video, watching as Spider-Man leapt off the top of the building and swung over the helicopter, kicking into the glass. All of his little stunts would work out a lot better with the new suit Tony had been working on for him, something stronger and more durable, bulletproof, and could definitely break through that glass a bit easier with the mechanical arm prototype he was designing.

The next part of the video was a jump to a series of interviews with the students inside, which is where Tony turned off his phone.

"He did a good job," Happy said back to him. "He's really trying to prove himself."

"Yeah." Tony turned his phone over in his hands, mulling something over. "You know what? I'm gonna call him."

"Do you want me to—?" Happy gestured to the divider. Tony only gave a shrug in response, to which Happy pressed the button and Tony looked up into his own reflection.

Truth be told, Tony had a strong sense of pride that lifted up his breath. The kid did good work. He saved everyone in that tower, and he did it with intelligence and speed, and Tony was proud of him. Who knows what the little hero would be able to accomplish, what lengths he'd be able to cross, with just a bit more encouragement. Some extra tutoring. Tony had never been one to mentor kids, but truth be told he had a soft spot for genius kiddos, and Peter didn't seem to be sick of him yet.