Broken Bones

Spooktober.26

"Well, you know what they say—" Spider-Man rubs his jaw from where he had been clocked. He grins crookedly through the mask. "Sticks and stones may break my bones."

And with that, another guy comes up from the shadows and slams a chunk of broken up cement on his foot. It was almost comedic, other than it hurt more than any punch he had gotten from the past month.

Peter yowls and throws his head back with muttered curses as he grabs his foot. The two guys manage to scramble away, but Peter only feels the slightest bit of guilt, instead focused on how much his foot hurts.

He tentatively stepped down on the foot, and heard a sickening crunch and then another wave of pain that made him want to throw up. So, he had definitely broken his foot.

"Peter, it appears you've broken two of the metatarsal bones in your left foot," Karen says obviously. There's the slightest hint of programmed concern into her voice. "Medical forums suggest you to stop the afflicting movements and/or activities and get rest until you are able to receive medical care."

Peter sighs sharply. "Fun. Call Mr. Stark, please."

"Of course, Peter."

It only takes a minute before Tony's face shows up in his vision. "Kid. What's going on?"

"I got my foot broken," Peter says sourly.

Tony makes a face and huffs a laugh. "Uh... Alright. You need me to pick you up, or are you going to try and swing back home?"

"I don't know yet. I mean, I could probably—"

"Do NOT crawl around the city like a spider, Peter. You're going to scare every person in New York, it'll be all over the news. Not even I can do damage control if someone gets a video."

"It's not that scary!" Peter defends. There's a beat of silence. "Okay, maybe a little scary, but—"

Peter watches Tony stand up and call for a suit. Tony shakes his head. "Nope. I'm coming to pick you up. Nice try. FRIDAY, send me Peter's coordinates."

There's a quiet Irish lilt in the next voice on the other end, which no doubt belongs to FRIDAY. "Of course, Boss."

"End call," Tony says simply.

Peter is left looking at a blank brick wall, in the dark, standing with a broken foot. He groans. "I hate it here."

The next day, Peter Parker strolls into school with a cast on his foot. He doesn't want to talk about it. The entire Decathlon team signs their names.

Ned wrote a lengthy yet endearing,

"Luke Skywalker..jk, it's Ned B)".

MJ was just that, a simple scribble of her initials with a plain black sharpie. She adds half of a heart to the end of it.

Even Flash wrote something, even though it was his name with a crude doodle to follow.

The most impressive signature though, according to the school anyways, was the first one on the cast. A messy autograph of none other than Tony Stark, with an emoji drawing of a someone sticking out their tongue.

Peter refuses to say anything about that too, although when Ned sees the autograph he lets out a very loud laugh.

a/n: this is just to say... if you have read through every oneshot on this book, I appreciate it, and I applaud you for not roasting me about jealousy. I HATE THAT CHAPTER I PROMISE I CAN WRITE BETTER I PROMISE