The Lunch Line Dilemma

⚠️Trigger Warning? Peter doesn't eat, but it's not because of a mental illness of some sorts.⚠️

It had not been a good week for Peter Parker.

Wednesday, at exactly 12:45 P.M, the bell for passing period between 2nd period and lunch rang. This gave Peter exactly 3 minutes to choose if he was going to wait in a crowded and loud space for lunch that usually was inedible, only to struggle looking for Ned who was almost always already sitting down in a spot. Or, he could meet up with Ned and not eat anything.

And with his spider-anxiety acting up lately, the choice was a no-brainer. 

When he sat down next to Ned, he smiled and they talked. Ned ate his food, which ended up being brought from home for that day. 

He noticed Peter wasn't eating, and slid him a bag of chips, but Peter politely declined. Ned shrugged and continued eating his sandwich.

His stomach started nawing for food by 6th period, but he obviously didn't have anything to eat. He decided to just eat when he got home, or maybe grab a sandwich from Mr. Delmar's on the way to the subway.

The last bell rang, and Peter stopped by the deli. He ordered a sandwich and went to grab $5 from his wallet, but found it empty. Peter cursed. He was supposed to get money last weekend from Tony, but he didn't want to ask him. Another side effect of the anxiety.

With no sandwich to digest, his stomach felt like it was kicked.

Walking out of the store with a sorry look from Mr. Delmar, he hopped on the subway and closed his eyes as his stomach had a painfully empty grumbling sensation.

It was never good when Peter forgot to eat a meal. His spider-powers stopped working for a while, and he was ten times as more sluggish than an average person. He had only found that out once before, where he forgot to eat for 3 days during state testing.

Sighing, he plugged in earplugs and listened to music instead of the angry sounds coming from his digestive system.

Looking out the window, he sees the subway went past his stop. He thinks for a moment, panicking slightly about wanting to shout out that his spot was missed. He furrows his eyebrows and sinks back in his seat. He'll just wait until they get back to a different station, then he'll just swing there.

He didn't end up getting home until about 11pm. 

Glancing at the clock on his phone, he groaned before unlocking the door and walking into him and May's apartment. There, May sat on the kitchen counter with a disappointed look on her face.

After a lecture, Peter realized fairly soon that he wasn't getting homework done or food eaten tonight. Instead, he apologized to May for being late-(this included a hug)-and went straight into his room, closing the door.

Thursday, 7:32 A.M, Peter looked in the fridge for breakfast. Nothing looked particularly appetizing, considering the contents in the fridge consisted of mayonnaise, week-old burnt lasagna, and a half-drunk glass of milk. 

"Sorry," May said with a sigh. "I'm going shopping on Saturday, when I get my check. I thought we'd just eat cheap takeout or something before then. Does that sound okay?"

Peter smiled and nodded. "Sounds great," he replied, turning away from May. His smile dropped quickly and he grabbed his backpack. "Gotta go."

"Okay, I larb you, have a good day!"

"Larb you too!" Peter says before closing the door behind him.

His stomach grumbled again, and Peter winced. Another wave of anxiety hit him for no reason on the way to the bus stop.