He's Worth All The Grey Hairs

*Endgame spoilers.*

✨❤️90TH ONESHOT!❤️✨

Happy wasn't expecting his phone to go off at three in the morning, but when he sat up to look at it and saw the caller was Peter, he answered right away.

"Hap—Happy?" Peter's voice sounded shakily from the other side of the phone.

"Peter? Are you okay?" Happy asked, already getting up.

"I just—" Peter sighs angrily. "I had another nightmare. I'm so tired."

Happy relaxed. "Do you want to talk about it?"

"...Yeah."

Happy was quiet, waiting for him to continue.

"It was like the final battle. Except—Except Mr. Stark was angry at me," Peter said quietly. "He said it was my fault, and when I woke up I just felt guilty because Mr. Stark wouldn't say that but he did in my dream so I thought maybe my brain is painting him to be angry at me when he's not," Peter rambles.

Happy listens patiently and then interjects. "Well, I'm no scientist, but I think dreams can also be your brain projecting your thoughts in different ways. Do you think it was your fault?"

"..." Peter was quiet for a while. "..yeah, kinda."

Happy sighed. "It wasn't your fault Peter. Tony knew full well what he was getting in to. And he also was far from angry at you. Tony loved you like his own son."

Peter's voice broke. "Then why did he have to go?"

"Because he knew if he went, then you would be able to grow up. He wouldn't have done what he did if he knew you weren't going to be here when he was gone," Happy said slowly.

Peter was quiet again, sniffling. Eventually the sniffling went away.

"You alright, Peter?"

"Yeah. Thank you, Happy. 'M sorry for waking you," Peter apologized.

"It's alright, kid. Try and get some rest, alright?"

"Alright."

*click*

Happy put his phone down and sighed. Tony was right. This kid was going to give him grey hairs.

He was also right when he said it was worth it.

A/N: send me suggestions y'all (I make no promises however)