Goodnight, Mr. Stark

PARDON, BEFORE YOU READ THIS LONG AND SAD ONESHOT:

PLEASE PASS ON THIS HASHTAG BECAUSE SONY IS ABOUT TO SCREW SOME STUFF UP AGAIN

#SaveSpiderManFromSony

(for the pleasant thought that even if someone is *gone*, they can still hear you when you're talking to them.)

*Avengers: Endgame and Spider-Man: Far From Home Spoilers*

After the funeral, Peter Parker was exhausted. He didn't know what to think, and his mind was unpleasantly empty. As he lay in bed, he began to speak.

"I don't know if you can hear me," He says in a soft voice. "But you had a beautiful funeral. Everybody showed up. Even Mr. Steve. Remember when he was the bad guy? And you invited me to Germany to fight him?"

"That was the best day of my life. It was so exciting for me. You've always been my idol, Mr. Stark."

Peter sighed as he stared up at the ceiling, talking to the empty room.

"It's crazy to think that five years have passed. I can't believe I missed your wedding. Sorry about that. And you have a daughter now, that's pretty cool. Her name is Morgan, right?"

"She looks like you."

Peter closes his eyes slowly. "I don't know if you can hear me right now, but...Goodnight, Mr. Stark."

He drifts to sleep.

...

"It's okay, Tony. You can rest now."

The words of his fiancee drift in his mind, floating away from him as his consciousness fades for the last time.

There wasn't anything for a long time.

Just a large, empty plain of white, open space.

Tony didn't quite feel as though he were dead, but he didn't feel alive either.

It was strange, and he wasn't sure how to feel. He couldn't think, he was just simply there.

It stayed like that for what seemed like ages.

Then, suddenly there wasn't just brightness.

Tony felt some sort of presence he couldn't describe, but the holograph-like figure was blue. He didn't recognize it. Until it spoke.

"I don't know if you can hear me," Peter's quiet voice sounds through the plain of light, and Tony relaxes with a sense of peace. "But you had a beautiful funeral. Everybody showed up. Even Mr. Steve. Remember when he was the bad guy? And you invited me to Germany to fight him?"

Tony smiles, looking at Peter; or more so his entity.

"That was the best day of my life. It was so exciting for me. You've always been my idol, Mr. Stark."

Tony listens to his words calmly, taking in the soft, exhausted tone that Peter was speaking with.

Peter continues speaking, and finally ends with one of the nicest things Tony has heard in awhile.

"Goodnight, Mr. Stark."

...

The next night, and every night after that, Peter says goodnight to Tony. Some days he'll talk about how his day went, others he'll talk about patrol. Sometimes Tony gets lucky enough to hear things that Peter would have never said if he were alive, due to embarrassment.