Bloody Smell

Tracy x Aesop (Not romantic)

TW: Implied character death, psychos ? idk they're weird and tracy is ooc and it's full of wild guesses 

______

The postman had finally decided to accept the path that had been set before him. It took some time but the embalmer knew that the latter would have listened to him one day or another, and this day was finally here. He had carefully taken care of him by combing his hair, cleaning his clothes and without forgetting the make-up of course. Victor Grantz had never looked so rested and at peace as he did in the coffin that had been prepared for him.

Now that the blond had moved on to a more wonderful world, Aesop didn't really know what to do in the mansion. There was still no news from the host of the manor, it was to wonder if he had not forgotten them here, leaving them no choice but to rot in this place. Anyway, this did not bother the gray-eyed male that much. Nobody was waiting for him anyway.

As the young embalmer returned to his room after passing through the kitchen to get a glass of water, his eyes fell on the sign on the door right next to his own. Tracy Reznik, Mechanic. He had seen the girl once upon his arrival and had not seen her after that since she spent her days in her room and the other resident with them was therefore obliged to bring her meals so that she would not die of starvation.

However, it seems that fate decided to prove him wrong because the door of the damsel opened just as the embalmer passed in front, stopping him in his steps. It could be seen that the inside of her room was plunged into darkness so it was impossible to tell what was going on inside but slowly, a blonde head popped out of the doorway, a pair of dark eyes staring back at him.

"Carl."

"Miss Reznik. It's rare to see you out." he said.

Aesop was not one to engage in unnecessary conversation, but he could not dismiss his curiosity at the blonde's unusual actions. She didn't answer for a moment, lowering her gaze slightly. The embalmer cocked his head to the side, wondering if the young woman was feeling sick or something, but was surprised when she suddenly lifted her face. Her eyes seemed a little wider and a wicked smile was drawn on her face.

"I know what you did." she replied in a mocking tone.

"Could you elaborate?"

"This boy, Grantz. It wasn't a sickness."

"Are you a doctor now?"

The embalmer didn't hesitate to use a more sarcastic voice this time. How could she possibly know? He doubted anyone in this mansion besides him had the medical knowledge to perform physical exams and autopsies. Then again, even if she was really aware, it didn't matter. Communications hadn't been working due to the storm and pouring rain for several days and they were stuck here until the host told them the game was finally canceled or something.

"I saw you quietly following him when the other resident and I weren't around."

"That doesn't prove anything."

"Maybe. I mean, it's none of my business."

"I won't say it is, but why mention it in this case?"

"The smell of blood doesn't go away so easily, Carl."

"Thanks for reminding me, Reznik."

"What about the other one?"

"He didn't strike me as being of any interest at the moment."

"I see... and me?"

"You tell me. Would you like to join Grantz if I understand correctly?"

"No, thank you. Only the puzzles of this manor interest me and the money at stake if possible."

"What a shame. It would have been a pleasure to embellish that figure."

The male pronounced in a deep voice, his figure leaning slightly over the mechanic and seeming to shadow her. Nevertheless, the latter did not back down and took a step forward, their foreheads almost touching, an electric and tangible tension reigning in the air. One could feel that a short-circuit could happen at any moment between the two. The young woman's gaze became more severe and she placed her index finger on the man's chest.

"Keep the blood on your hands, Embalmer. It stinks."

Aesop didn't back down though, his icy gray eyes piercing the blonde.

"I only did my job."

"Admirable. Anyway, with that, I bid you goodnight."

"Good night, Miss Reznik."

The woman snickered briefly as she closed her door, pausing a few inches away before giving the embalmer one last look.

"I sincerely hope you won't get in my way."

"That's not my intention and I'm sure we'll come to an arrangement one day anyway."

"In your dreams perhaps."

She closed her door abruptly and Aesop was now alone in the hallway. So he headed back to his room and turned the doorknob to go inside, staring at the mechanic's door for a few seconds before looking away and entering his bedroom. That would require time but the day will come when he will carry out his profession by taking care of the young blonde too...