Sweet Latte [Norton x Naib] (ft.Elisop)

Coffee shop AU ft. Elisop as always

___

Norton and Naib are in their end thirties while Eli and Aesop are in their early thirties

___

Faint steps were heard coming from upstairs, slowly getting louder and closer. A slender figure appeared in the doorway while humming a light tune and tying his chestnut hair in a low ponytail so it wouldn't hinder his work. Of course, he couldn't forget the most important detail and turned around to take his black apron on the rack then put it on. It suited him nicely with the classic white shirt and he was now ready to start a new day in the coffee shop.

With a cloth in hand, Naib wiped down the wooden counter before moving on to the tables and glancing at the cups, inspecting with his eagle eye that there was not a trace of dirt left nor a speck of dust. The walls painted in a forest green gave the place a calm and relaxing atmosphere, a bit old-fashioned with the menu written in chalk on a blackboard and the leather benches but pleasant as if one was coming home to be greeted by the sweet bitter smell of coffee beans.

Not to mention that the area surrounding the store was just as charming. A small town in the countryside with fields of rapeseed as far as the eye could see. The coffee shop was no less popular, however, and the man liked to boast that the reason was his unparalleled latte.

Naib raised a porcelain cup to his eyes, smiling so happily that a wrinkle formed under his eye.

"You look like you're about to kill someone with a grin like that."

The brunette suddenly flinched at the voice coming from behind him and wanted to turn around, but two arms prevented him from doing so by slipping around his waist, trapping him in their grip as his hands joined, a silver ring glinting dimly in the sunlight penetrating the half-closed blinds.

"Shut up Campbell."

"Which one? There are two here." replied Norton with a laugh.

Naib blushed at the words before melting into his embrace, resting his hands on top of his.

"Silly."

"I'll take that as a compliment from you."

"You should get to work instead of talking nonsense."

"Where's my paycheck?"

The green-eyed male sighed before tilting his head slightly and pressing a chaste kiss to his husband's lips, the corner of his lips rising at the touch.

"Usually one gets paid at the end."

"It's so I can be the most efficient during the day, don't worry."

Naib rolled his eyes and Norton finally released him to put on his apron as well. The dark-haired man then left the store to turn the sign on the door from 'Closed' to 'Open', starting a new day at the café.

It wasn't too crowded today, perhaps because it was a weekday. It wasn't unpleasant though and Naib enjoyed an espresso behind the counter while Norton sat on a stool next to him, flipping through a magazine while waiting for the next customer. The brown-haired man glanced at it and frowned when he noticed that it was about capitalism.

Suddenly, the bell above the door rang, alerting the couple of the arrival of a customer. Naib left his cup there and hurriedly stood up to greet the visitor, only to let out a faint, almost inaudible cry as he discovered his two best friends from college.

"Eli, Aesop!"

"Hello, I hope we're not disturbing." said Eli with a big smile, identical to the old days.